What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ordered a used air bag impact sensor from eBay from a seller with several thousand positive sales...I removed my old one and it appeared fine (not swollen or cracked) I cleaned the connections with electronic contact cleaner and reattached it with no luck getting it to operate as designed...I knew it wouldn't but had to try plus I wanted to get the exact part number off the original part...

I appreciate the help...

Bill

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ordered a used air bag impact sensor from eBay from a seller with several thousand positive sales...I removed my old one and it appeared fine (not swollen or cracked) I cleaned the connections with electronic contact cleaner and reattached it with no luck getting it to operate as designed...I knew it wouldn't but had to try plus I wanted to get the exact part number off the original part...

I appreciate the help...

Bill
Did you delete the error? Some errors like airbag errors will not disappear automatically for safety reasons...

Logan5

Reaction score
Heard an intermittent tapping noise so first thing I did was check the exhaust manifold bolts. 3 are missing heads. Driver side rear-most, and passenger side first and rear-most.

Tackled the driver side today, got a felpro gasket and the ARP bolts. the 5 intact bolts came out fairly easy (I did warm up the engine prior). Pried the manifold over an inch and tried to get a locking pliers on that last rear-most bolt. As soon as I tried to turn it the thing sheared off flush with the head. Boo.

Put in the new gasket and the 5 new ARP bolts. Ordered the Dorman cheater clamp for the last one.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Heard an intermittent tapping noise so first thing I did was check the exhaust manifold bolts. 3 are missing heads. Driver side rear-most, and passenger side first and rear-most.

Tackled the driver side today, got a felpro gasket and the ARP bolts. the 5 intact bolts came out fairly easy (I did warm up the engine prior). Pried the manifold over an inch and tried to get a locking pliers on that last rear-most bolt. As soon as I tried to turn it the thing sheared off flush with the head. Boo.

Put in the new gasket and the 5 new ARP bolts. Ordered the Dorman cheater clamp for the last one.
Those clamps work very well.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you changed the correct sensor?
That's good point.

Simply unplug the new sensor and see if you have another error in the error memory.
Then you know that you have replaced the wrong sensor.

This reminds me of a funny incident. When I once exchanged an airbag sensor on a Peugeot, the software said that the right sensor was defective. I then replaced the right sensor and still had the error. I then drove to a Peugeot dealership and told him that, and asked him, if he had any ideas.

He said: Just swap the left sensor, the French often switch right and left. I did that and sure enough it was the left sensor. That's why the rule applies to me:
No cars with an F: no Ford, no Fiat, no French car

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Less than 500 miles on the new motor and tune and some sack of garbage decides to side swipe me. No insurance or driver license either. Already filed claim and looking at a 250 deductible=/. Not bad but Damm there goes my oem fender!!
Get a PDR guy to take the dent out. It might be cheaper than your deductible

SilverSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes but it was the bad sensor (I just wanted to check if it was a connection issue as it looked good visually)...

the new/used GM sensor arrived yesterday and I replaced it after wiping it down and giving the pis a shot of deoxIT D5 cleaner preservative...reattached the battery and started the Denali...no air bag light and no air bag error message.

I then ran another BlueDriver scan (after removing the in memory air bag fail message) and got a clean bill of health for the air bags...

this is a pic of the original one...the newer/replacement one looked like it had a 2010 manufacture date if I read the "clock" embossed into it...

IMG_0540.jpg

Bill

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scratching my head a little bit this morning...

I have a power steering whine but only when I turn left. Fluid is full, pump is relatively newer, lines aren't leaking (minor wetness due to age), front end parts are new (as of 4 months ago) and greased properly. I cannot find why this only happens when turning left. I don't notice it being more stiff or hard to turn than before the noise started. I can't pinpoint the issue at the moment, any suggestions? I'm not well educated in hydroboost equipped vehicles so I've yet to check into that. Thanks for the help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65