What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So easy to install too. I bought my 1.8 ratio rockers a couple of years ago, reached out to Roger last week to ensure I would have no issues install on my new engine build and he responded within an hour and we went back and forth during the day. His company's customer service is first rate.
Roger Vinci is awesome. I have never had a guy so willing to help in my life. I actually have his personal cell # from when I was doing work on my engine and blower.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Did the mode door. Tired of randomly having only defrost, usually when it’s super hot or I’m on a trip. Recalibration always fixed it, but it just happens again at some point. That top screw is a real PITA to get back in. Hopefully I’m done with this for a while. I figured I’d go ahead and put a small stopper at the end of the slot just in case, I don’t wanna do this again. Looks like somebody did this before with “CEI” brand.

Attachments

• F0E67959-02B8-47AB-BF9D-C14CBAA819FC.jpeg
    F0E67959-02B8-47AB-BF9D-C14CBAA819FC.jpeg
    324.7 KB · Views: 7

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did the mode door. Tired of randomly having only defrost, usually when it’s super hot or I’m on a trip. Recalibration always fixed it, but it just happens again at some point. That top screw is a real PITA to get back in. Hopefully I’m done with this for a while. I figured I’d go ahead and put a small stopper at the end of the slot just in case, I don’t wanna do this again. Looks like somebody did this before with “CEI” brand.
Just be happy it wasn’t the recirc actuator. You’re supposed to remove the entire dash sub assembly to do it but there’s a cheat. It’s still super hard, makes that one look like a cake walk.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just be happy it wasn’t the recirc actuator. You’re supposed to remove the entire dash sub assembly to do it but there’s a cheat. It’s still super hard, makes that one look like a cake walk.
the hot cold actuator for the driver side is also a treat, dash needs to come out, cut a ac vent. oh joy lol

Suburbalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got the Taho-Escalade out for a spin. My wife and grandkids joined me to go on the Blue Ridge Parkway. A bit of a drive but well worth it. Today wasn’t the best day, more rain than I thought. Stopped for lunch, gonna head down afterward. Need to work on the cooling, runs a little hotter than I’d like it to. I myself don’t need work on cooling, these air conditioned seats are freezing cold!

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Smooth installation. I used new centric rubber lines just because there was too much uncertainty around the braided SS lines. I had to do a little grinding on the calipers ears to get them to sit flat against the knuckle. On the maiden voyage now and braking feels great!!

20220910_155110.jpg20220910_151448.jpg20220910_135829.jpg

HansJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! I really wanted to do that upgrade but that other thread said my specific declads wouldn’t clear. Spent too much on them to just swap for the brakes. Have the complete NNBS upgrade sitting in the garage.

What was the reasoning for rubber lines vs SS?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greygranny