What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Since replacing the wheel seal involves playing with the rear differential. Should I just do wheel bearings and wheel seals on both sides? And be done with it especially since I have 302000 miles original bearings?
If it was me, and I was already in there--I would.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since replacing the wheel seal involves playing with the rear differential. Should I just do wheel bearings and wheel seals on both sides? And be done with it especially since I have 302000 miles original bearings?
I did mine at 160k as maintenance. I would if I was you, as well as the brake dust shields since you can replace them with the factory one-piece ones instead of the Dorman 2-piece that can be installed without pulling the axles. I’m sure yours are rusted out, and the factory ones are heavier duty. The axles need to be pulled to do the factory ones.

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine at 160k as maintenance. I would if I was you, as well as the brake dust shields since you can replace them with the factory one-piece ones instead of the Dorman 2-piece that can be installed without pulling the axles. I’m sure yours are rusted out, and the factory ones are heavier duty. The axles need to be pulled to do the factory ones.

Yes, my dust shields are 100% gone.LOL. OK, I will do both seals and both bearings and both shields. There are so many bearing sizes on Rock Auto with slight variations past the tenth decimal point. I Im going with matching Timken seal and bearing since I know they're made in USA. $109 shipped Rock Auto. Thanks!

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, my dust shields are 100% gone.LOL. OK, I will do both seals and both bearings and both shields. There are so many bearing sizes on Rock Auto with slight variations past the tenth decimal point. I Im going with matching Timken seal and bearing since I know they're made in USA. $109 shipped Rock Auto. Thanks!
Can’t go wrong with Timken bearings.

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Seat Covers arrived! The new seat covers from Leatherseats.com arrived today. They look good. Workmanship seems first rate. It will be a month or so before we install them as the interior is the last thing we'll do. Included a pre-paint reconditioning photo so you can get an idea of how the seat color and exterior look together. The remainder of the trim is pewter, except the door armrest and trim insert above the armrest which will be covered in red leather to match the seats.

Attachments

• Leatherseats.com_seatcover.jpg
    Leatherseats.com_seatcover.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Escalade pre_paint.jpg
    Escalade pre_paint.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Passdoorinter.jpg
    Passdoorinter.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seat Covers arrived! The new seat covers from Leatherseats.com arrived today. They look good. Workmanship seems first rate. It will be a month or so before we install them as the interior is the last thing we'll do.
Are those leather? They look like they might not be, kinda hard to tell.

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Are those leather? They look like they might not be, kinda hard to tell.
They are leather. Leatherseats.com offers three leather trim levels. 1. Leather center panels with all other vinyl, 2. Leather complete seating area with vinyl sides and back center panel (this is the OE configuration) and, 3. All leather. I bought the OE configuration.

Last edited:

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I would since you have efficiencies in your favor. If you don't, and the wheel bearings or seal on the other side go out, you're going to have to do most of the same work again. Might as well do it all at once since parts aren't that expensive.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Took my dirty Hoe up to one of our local LKQ Pick Your Part yards (we have two of those around here, as well as three other Upulls) and picked up a trunk lid for a friend's Fusion that suffered a hit and run about 8 months ago.

I've been watching the yards for more than a month and this one came in a few days ago, right color and right badging, and in perfect shape. She's selling it so I'm helping her clean it up some, just need a good bumper cover yet, then we can swap the parts and sell. In this market she should do okay.

Last weekend I pulled the torn bumper cover off, straightened it out a bit, and figured out what else would be needed. Also replaced a taillight. Here's what it looks like after I "adjusted" a few things:

20220219_162731.jpg

After that I took her -- the Hoe -- through the car wash for a bath and bottom blaster to get the salty residue off. Much better now!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleeeper