What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's incredible! Can you share the products and process you used on the center caps?
Yeah I actually got the idea from someone here… it’s Rust-oleum Aircraft Remover. It’s like a really thick gel that you let sit for about 20 minutes then scrape off. Took 2 applications but it worked well.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You were in Ocean Springs, MS? On Washington? I live 2 miles from that Walmart! Are you still in town? I'll pm my phone number. If you are still in town call and we'll get together.

I was just there for a couple of hours for work. Had I visited the forum beforehand, I would've seen your Esky was running and would've tried to come check it out. I'm rarely that way, but I also never know where I'll be or when until the last minute, maybe the night before at best.

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
I was just there for a couple of hours for work. Had I visited the forum beforehand, I would've seen your Esky was running and would've tried to come check it out. I'm rarely that way, but I also never know where I'll be or when until the last minute, maybe the night before at best.
please give me a call next time you come this way. The Eskybuild is being done in N. AL where the builder lives. Hope it’s finished and home by mid April.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
please give me a call next time you come this way.

Fo sho! I've always wanted to catch Cruisin' The Coast but something ALWAYS comes up. I quit going to Scrapin' years ago due to the kids getting too stupid and the torrential storms EVERY time. We sometimes make weekend trips to Gulfport/Biloxi just to get out of LA.

The Eskybuild is being done in N. AL where the builder lives. Hope it’s finished and home by mid April.

Oh! I missed that part.

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Ok folks. Its time to vote. Please let me know which of these decals you prefer. I'm going to use one or more for logos on ball caps to give to the ESKY buider(s) my two brothers and a couple friends.
Here is the hat and logo design I settled on. Ordered red and black hats for my two brothers to have for "Cruzin" the Coast" in Oct. and for the builder(s).
1646076394853.png

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Yukon loves to eat rear rotors. New pads and rotors from NAPA (proformer with painted hats and Proformer ceramic pads. Not bad for $200. As usual, a frozen caliper slide pin is the cause. cleaned and relubed, good as new.

Also my driver's rear parking brake was SOAKED in gear oil. Yay, time for a 2 hour fix it job for a $7 part.

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since replacing the wheel seal involves playing with the rear differential. Should I just do wheel bearings and wheel seals on both sides? And be done with it especially since I have 302000 miles original bearings?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman