What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a good evening in the Hoe... Got to say the BBP tune is starting to really show its teeth... Takes a little while to get its full bearings, but damn thing is feeling great now.. Oh and I had a Borla XR1 installed, now it sounds cool too. Pics from the other day when I installed the esky appliques. Now the great dilemma of removing the fender flares or leaving them for now.... funnnnnn

TAHOE 16.jpg

DutchSchultz

Reaction score
Had a good evening in the Hoe... Got to say the BBP tune is starting to really show its teeth... Takes a little while to get its full bearings, but damn thing is feeling great now.. Oh and I had a Borla XR1 installed, now it sounds cool too. Pics from the other day when I installed the esky appliques. Now the great dilemma of removing the fender flares or leaving them for now.... funnnnnn

View attachment 344841
Leave the flares remove the side molding

Noggles

Reaction score

View attachment 344841

Can you get a sound clip of the xr1? Which one did you use, the round case or the oval? I had an oval case xr1 on my old Silverado with longtubes and no cats and loved the sound. I want to replace the MBRP muffler my Tahoe has now with another xr1 and I am curious of the sound with stock manifolds and cats.

ks03

Fool Excess Member
Reaction score

View attachment 344841

Leave the flares remove the side molding
Get some cerecote or similar product on those flares and you might be happier with them

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swapped coolant reservoirs to hopefully put a end to a very weird little seep puddling up under the tank

Attachments

• B4B5B703-5167-4B55-850F-FFAFC9F98081.jpeg
    B4B5B703-5167-4B55-850F-FFAFC9F98081.jpeg
    335.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 3D824F30-BFCD-4D37-926D-8E66DEEB2BA4.jpeg
    3D824F30-BFCD-4D37-926D-8E66DEEB2BA4.jpeg
    205.4 KB · Views: 4

ks03

Fool Excess Member
Reaction score
Trying to beat the heat!
Vinyl wrapped my sunroof today. Figured a window pointing straight at the sun is going to make the inside hotter. With the shade shut I figure it’s at least a few square feet of black still, so now it’s beige.
View attachment 343733
Would have loved to match the 382e paint code, but this was about as close as I saw, then I figured error on the light side.
With the sunroof I figure it won’t be seen much anyway, but then I got a dumb idea…
Would it look awful to try to wrap the grill surround with this stuff? Sample roll sitting on the bumper… maybe plastidip the grill.
View attachment 343734

Would it look awful to wrap the grill surround with this stuff? I think so. I don’t think there’s any color that will do much better overall than matching the paint. I’m a lil skeerd of jackin it up scuffing and painting, but I’d like to kill the chrome. Either way I’m thinking to tear this garbage off in a day or 2
View attachment 344630
Well phase 1 sucked, tore that off. Phase 2, plastidiping center, I’m going to keep though. I’ve had my grill block in for all the previous pics, mounted in the same way, but the chrome did a lot to hide it. Tucked into the garage it’s more noticeable than outside, but still stands out compared to being behind chrome
C7F4DD2B-0424-45B8-B287-A7074B5AE959.jpegA625E0ED-3369-43DE-8F1A-BBE2925CE0F0.jpeg191BF490-CA9F-4779-9E37-CEF26FE2831C.jpeg

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 344841
buy this stuff, rub it all over your plastic and it will look better then new. my running boards were pretty much white. and its been a month or so since i installed it, still looks clean and shinny. 20210523_125230.jpg 20210523_125224.jpg
20210523_123916.jpg https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SHJVK4G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you get a sound clip of the xr1? Which one did you use, the round case or the oval? I had an oval case xr1 on my old Silverado with longtubes and no cats and loved the sound. I want to replace the MBRP muffler my Tahoe has now with another xr1 and I am curious of the sound with stock manifolds and cats.
Oval.here is a quick one from inside with windows down.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score

View attachment 344841
I would also remove the door moulding and if it were mine i would paint the fender flares to match the blue.Would look awesome in my opinion like the z71 look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA