What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DutchSchultz

Reaction score
Well today I replaced rear blower motor and resistor. Gave out last week and I don't like my little ones sweating. Cool $300 cause that rear blower motor resistor for auto temp made of unobtainium
Can I ask where you ordered from and what brand? I hear the Chinese ones are hit and miss

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought a vdo/continental rear blower motor from AZ, transferred my old wheel. I also picked up a standard motors resistor for auto temp. That one hurt me as it was only available in one flavor!!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought a vdo/continental rear blower motor from AZ, transferred my old wheel. I also picked up a standard motors resistor for auto temp. That one hurt me as it was only available in one flavor!!
I saw the price on those, crazy. Is it a complete little computer or something? I looks like a module in the pics.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to check that on my 02. Every once in awhile after a really heavy rain I get wet carpet on the passenger side.
My windshield was leaking and it was going down the pillar onto the passenger floor, new windshield sealed very heavy solved that issue. Pop off the trim run a hose and take a look.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I ask where you ordered from and what brand? I hear the Chinese ones are hit and miss
I replaced my blower motor in the front with a GM oem part, the one that does not require a cover thank god because the back screw sucks, and it took a dump 5 months later...everything’s garbage these days lol.

DutchSchultz

Reaction score
I replaced my blower motor in the front with a GM oem part, the one that does not require a cover thank god because the back screw sucks, and it took a dump 5 months later...everything’s garbage these days lol.
I'm about to order my second for mine, for the rear not front. ******* annoying but I literally love driving it more my wife's Audi Q7 and that's a beautiful vehicle!

The things we do for love

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm about to order my second for mine, for the rear not front. ******* annoying but I literally love driving it more my wife's Audi Q7 and that's a beautiful vehicle!

The things we do for love
My wife has a rav 4 and I still usually jump in the Tahoe first. My ‘new’ blower motor basket has been flopping around on bumps, the motor makes a bad noise on and off and the wiring on it gets so hot im surprised it didn’t start a fire. Unbelievable.

ks03

Fool Excess Member
Reaction score
Trying to beat the heat!
Vinyl wrapped my sunroof today. Figured a window pointing straight at the sun is going to make the inside hotter. With the shade shut I figure it’s at least a few square feet of black still, so now it’s beige.
View attachment 343733
Would have loved to match the 382e paint code, but this was about as close as I saw, then I figured error on the light side.
With the sunroof I figure it won’t be seen much anyway, but then I got a dumb idea…
Would it look awful to try to wrap the grill surround with this stuff? Sample roll sitting on the bumper… maybe plastidip the grill.
View attachment 343734
Would it look awful to wrap the grill surround with this stuff? I think so. I don’t think there’s any color that will do much better overall than matching the paint. I’m a lil skeerd of jackin it up scuffing and painting, but I’d like to kill the chrome. Either way I’m thinking to tear this garbage off in a day or 2
9CDD6AAB-56ED-4652-AA77-A132DAE4B0E6.jpeg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would it look awful to wrap the grill surround with this stuff? I think so. I don’t think there’s any color that will do much better overall than matching the paint. I’m a lil skeerd of jackin it up scuffing and painting, but I’d like to kill the chrome. Either way I’m thinking to tear this garbage off in a day or 2
View attachment 344630
You can always buy an aftermarket Denali grill and paint it, they’re not too expensive. That’s what I did. But I had destroyed my stock grill trying to remove the chrome anyway. :mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz