What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any of you guys ever replaced the oil galley diverter (barbell)? If I dropped this off at the shop with the rear cover kit/seal for them to do, would they even know about this ? Factory is like $8, considering the billet tighter tolerance one instead while it’s apart. I’m guessing most mechanics wouldn’t bother with this normally, but it could possibly leak.

I put one in mine. I used the threaded hole to screw in a 1/4-20 bolt to have as a handle. I oiled it and slowly rotated it as I slid it in to ensure the O-ring didn't snag. I didn't have to sand mine down any. The fit was spot-on. If it's a shop that doesn't know anything about that or if they act like they don't wanna mess with it "for liability reasons", then find another shop. Not just for that, but because an LS engine has very specific tolerances and procedures for aligning the front and rear covers and oil pan. If they can't handle the barbell, then I'd question their precision on the cover alignments. Make sure you get a good warranty on paper or you'll be paying another shop to replace a leaking crank or rear main seal well before it's due.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Damn, that’s a long road trip! No deets..?
Washington to Wisconsin

Visiting a friend for a trip we've been planning since 2019, before the ching chong chinky wong ping lo **** pao sweet and sour sickness cockblocked everything.

Too much of a cheap ass to pay for motels and also impatient

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Washington to Wisconsin

Visiting a friend for a trip we've been planning since 2019, before the ching chong chinky wong ping lo **** pao sweet and sour sickness cockblocked everything.

Too much of a cheap ass to pay for motels and also impatient
Nice. I need a nice road trip myself.

EDIT--Idk if I'd trust the Hoe tho.:(:mad:

Last edited: