What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve had problems with my Samsung fridge as well as 3 other family members. I won’t buy Samsung or LG large appliances. Their TV’s and electronics are great. Large appliances not so much. $0.02.
I’ve had my LG kitchen appliances for 10 years, only thing that happened was a fuse in the fridge blew- replaced it and nothing since. Oh and the magnetron in the microwave went after 8 years. I replaced it and gtg. My w/d are front load Samsung, same age. Dryer element went out this year, replaced it. With so many good mechanics here I’m surprised everybody doesn’t fix their own. It’s usually something simple and there’s YouTube videos on most of the problems just like with vehicles. Fix em, guys! They’re definitely easier than most repairs on our vehicles and they’re not covered in grease.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a cheap backup camera. Assuming you have a double din stereo..? That’s what made me pull the trigger on my radio upgrade. Backup camera = necessary. I got this one and have been quite happy with it: AUTO-VOX Cam 6 Rear Reverse Backup Camera License Plate Parking Rearview System of 170-Degree Wide Angle for Cars Truck & RV with Waterproof Night Vis https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HZM70NU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_Tb8r5eFOCSBvP

I do have one and hooking up to a trailer is a one-shot deal now! But with the trailer hooked up, I can't see anything but the trailer jack lol. I'd love to have a camera mounted on the third brake light with a fisheye lens or even better release a drone that hovers over me and transmits the data to the double din but I ain't that fancy. :jester:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do have one and hooking up to a trailer is a one-shot deal now! But with the trailer hooked up, I can't see anything but the trailer jack lol. I'd love to have a camera mounted on the third brake light with a fisheye lens or even better release a drone that hovers over me and transmits the data to the double din but I ain't that fancy. :jester:
Yeah, once the trailer is hooked up the backup camera is worthless @Sam Harris ! Come on man you’re killin me!

NoReverseYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was a nice day (< 40 F ), so I went to the junkyard. Thought I'd see just how difficult it is to remove the upper section of the steering column. That Youtube video I posted earlier made it look like a pita. Actually doing it wasn't so bad. The hardest part was removing those damned snaprings. I pulled 3, and 3 clocksprings, for practice.
IMG_20201015_171958526.jpgIMG_20201015_171944039.jpg
To hell with trying to fit that larger insert into the new steering wheel. Oh well, they can't all be good ideas.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was a nice day (< 40 F ), so I went to the junkyard. Thought I'd see just how difficult it is to remove the upper section of the steering column. That Youtube video I posted earlier made it look like a pita. Actually doing it wasn't so bad. The hardest part was removing those damned snaprings. I pulled 3, and 3 clocksprings, for practice.
View attachment 260138View attachment 260137
To hell with trying to fit that larger insert into the new steering wheel. Oh well, they can't all be good ideas.
Clock springs can’t be spun or they’re toast. Should tape them up when removed.....new they come with an orange lock tab.
I know, useless info from me....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman