What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Q-Bond will probably work. Just make sure you use the reinforcing powder. You can use their super glue to hold it in place and then come back and reinforce it with the powder. Let me know how it works

What's the best adhesive for repairing a screw tower on my switch bezel in the door panel? If I remember correctly the last time I tried, Super Glue didn't work. The plastic epoxy held until I tried to turn in the screw. Stupid that GM put a push clip on one end and a captive screw on the other.

View attachment 259579

kly5953

Reaction score
I went to pull a part and found a matching glove box, the rear pass door reflector, and came up with an A/C outlet cover for 17$
I never realized how difficult getting the new glove box in would be. That center console really shuts you down when you are trying to get the left side clips in place.
Now, I have a working glove box, no random hole in the rear door, and the dash looks better with that A/C cover.

image2.jpeg image0.jpeg image1.jpeg image6.jpeg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to pull a part and found a matching glove box, the rear pass door reflector, and came up with an A/C outlet cover for 17$
I never realized how difficult getting the new glove box in would be. That center console really shuts you down when you are trying to get the left side clips in place.
Now, I have a working glove box, no random hole in the rear door, and the dash looks better with that A/C cover.

View attachment 259602 View attachment 259604 View attachment 259605 View attachment 259606
That’s a bargain, can’t beat that price.

kly5953

Reaction score
I’ve been considering a move to NC. Got family and my old lady is up that way. Would definitely be nice to have hoe friends. Haven’t found anyone near ATL lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can be your hoe friend!
I'm up in Crackworth right now, work in Norcross

GJones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can be your hoe friend!
I'm up in Crackworth right now, work in Norcross
Let’s meet up sometime gotta stay motivated to turn this truck into something sexy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’ll probably be OK with just acetone or isopropyl alcohol. MEK is pretty much just PVC cleaner. When you apply the liquid to the powder, you may see what looks like a little puff of smoke. It’s amazing how fast it hardens. After it hardens, you can sand or file it. If you’ve never used it before, it never hurts to practice on another piece of plastic first. Just remember to use the correct powder, one is for plastic and the other is for metal. Good luck and post some before and after pics.

Probably going to try the Q-Bond. I'll clean it with acetone or MEK beforehand. The epoxy stuck pretty good but not good enough. I had to peel it off of the parts when I removed it, but it came off clean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667