What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 259567 View attachment 259568 for some reason, I'm guessing shortage. This just started happening. The driver side turn signal is dim and on constantly. It works normal when i use the turn signals, it does not flash rapidly as if there was a bulb out. I know this dim light happened once before and came back to normal the next day.

Guess I'll have to check all the wiring.
Fix that damn tpms too. :lol2:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
View attachment 259567 View attachment 259568 for some reason, I'm guessing shortage. This just started happening. The driver side turn signal is dim and on constantly. It works normal when i use the turn signals, it does not flash rapidly as if there was a bulb out. I know this dim light happened once before and came back to normal the next day.

Guess I'll have to check all the wiring.
I'd change both front and rear blinker bulbs just because.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I decided to go ahead and “attempt” to paint the trim around 3rd brake light and Esky appliqués. I say attempt because I already know from previous try’s at painting that things never come out like they’re supposed to.

Trim by 3rd brake light

3bf1f4a8ac5704e0ea1012f41ee5e68a.jpg

Passenger side applique

959b8b20958b0fd1852400a7a2accc29.jpg

Driver side applique

13892e10ab35db04876b365c12a89225.jpg

Close up of driver side and the horrid job I did on my own!

cdc8bd01f39e8f12302caf26b30f6ba6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you paint while there was a little wind ? What was the temp ?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basically a hairline fracture but I I know eventually it’ll spread. b4a66f94267da8d8b291ca8a8ad33681.jpg
d930047f939ca725379f56a91b0ce7ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can't find another one cheaply enough, you can fix that one and have virtually no chance of the crack spreading or reappearing. First, determine some way to set up the piece where the portions on either side of the crack would be squeezed together (small blocks and clamps, stacked heavy books, etc.) and where it can remain undisturbed for a day or so until the epoxy cures. Drill a small hole (~3/32") at the farthest tip of the crack. This would basically create a deadhead for the crack so it wont spread any further. Then, epoxy it from the backside but with forcing epoxy into the crack. Set it up in your "jig" until the epoxy cures. Prime, sand and paint as needed.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What's the best adhesive for repairing a screw tower on my switch bezel in the door panel? If I remember correctly the last time I tried, Super Glue didn't work. The plastic epoxy held until I tried to turn in the screw. Stupid that GM put a push clip on one end and a captive screw on the other.

Bezel_resized.jpg

Last edited:

Thouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a thing today. I put some chineseum fogs in my bumper. I had read about it in the tech section I believe @Tonyrodz was the one who did the write up. I am pretty pleased given how I am such a little noob at these things. I fudged with the way the were pointing up/down/left/right for like 25 minutes still not totally happy. I only bled a little.

LZ0NUvX.jpg
l3Pgxyi.jpg

To anyone still reading this. Can someone tell me if this muffler would be a fit for my 04 Tahoe? I know someone would need to cut out and weld this in but are the offsets/general dimensions correct?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CNHDV...colid=KLCYM5LYD970&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I have a terrible rattle coming from my muffler and it is driving me crazy. I spent like 30 minutes crawling around under my Tahoe today smacking things to see what it was. My stock exhaust is in surprisingly good shape but it has developed a nasty rattle in a heat shield that is kinda attached to the actual body of the muffler (attached to either end only on the side that lies against the underbody) it is splitting at the one end and the two sharp edges are rubbing together. I tried to bend so it didn't rub but I wasn't very successful. To be honest maybe I could cut it off? But its an excuse to get a new nicer sound muffler :). I should have taken a picture of it to show you all.

The pictures are whack. I don't know why its posting this picture twice.. I tried to remove it.

LZ0NUvX.jpg

Last edited:

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a thing today. I put some chineseum fogs in my bumper. I had read about it in the tech section I believe @Tonyrodz was the one who did the write up. I am pretty pleased given how I am such a little noob at these things. I fudged with the way the were pointing up/down/left/right for like 25 minutes still not totally happy. I only bled a little.

View attachment 259586
View attachment 259585

To anyone still reading this. Can someone tell me if this muffler would be a fit for my 04 Tahoe? I know someone would need to cut out and weld this in but are the offsets/general dimensions correct?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CNHDV...colid=KLCYM5LYD970&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I have a terrible rattle coming from my muffler and it is driving me crazy. I spent like 30 minutes crawling around under my Tahoe today smacking things to see what it was. My stock exhaust is in surprisingly good shape but it has developed a nasty rattle in a heat shield that is kinda attached to the actual body of the muffler (attached to either end only on the side that lies against the underbody) it is splitting at the one end and the two sharp edges are rubbing together. I tried to bend so it didn't rub but I wasn't very successful. To be honest maybe I could cut it off? But its an excuse to get a new nicer sound muffler :). I should have taken a picture of it to show you all.

The pictures are whack. I don't know why its posting this picture twice.. I tried to remove it.

View attachment 259584
that muffler should work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz