What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaMaDuDe87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your AM/FM reception suffer when you do the Esky antenna delete? If so, how much?

Thanks!
Absolutely, but like said if you live in a big city, you prob won't notice it much. If you live in the country or on the outskirts (away from transmitting towers) you will notice it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mezzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after buying the esky rack for peanuts,im honestly not sure if i should delete the Z71 rack on my 03 Hoe and put it on,but im conflicted since i aslo love the Z71 rack.

BaMaDuDe87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How hard would it be to install the esky antenna? I get fine service on my escalade. I know I have heard of some people running wire up in the door seal or some such deal in order to act like a bigger antenna.
Running a wire up the door didn't help me at all. I played with it (the length, different ways of running it (up the door, across the windshield, etc), wire touching the body, wure not touching the body, different ways of grounding the wire to the antenna base) for about 3 months before putting my antenna back on. I live closer to the country than city AND had an aftermarket radio, so my stations were all but completely MIA about 85% of the time. Couldn't do it. Looks good, but function, for me, was not acceptable.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hiding an antenna from being able to see sunlight is like hiding your WiFi router in a closet. Sometimes it works great and sometimes it doesn’t, it depends on how close you are to the signal and how much strength the the transmitter is putting out. I’ve used antenna boosters in the past and some of them do work pretty well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manofaltes