What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooeasy

Reaction score
My 03 Tahoe is getting kinda rusty, so I went to Texas and bought a replacement, an 04 LS.
I transferred the DJM 3/5" suspension, big brakes, PPV wheels, and front air dam. Debadged it, buffed the paint and installed new lights and LED interior bulbs.

Red Tahoe 1.jpg

Red Tahoe Done.jpg

Gonna keep the running boards on for the winter. Still unhappy that the DJM lower control arms did not deliver the full 3" front drop as promised. Might put 1/2" spacers in the back (if I can find some), depending on where it's parked it sometimes looks a little nose high to me.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 03 Tahoe is getting kinda rusty, so I went to Texas and bought a replacement, an 04 LS.
I transferred the DJM 3/5" suspension, big brakes, PPV wheels, and front air dam. Debadged it, buffed the paint and installed new lights and LED interior bulbs.

View attachment 233026

View attachment 233027

Gonna keep the running boards on for the winter. Still unhappy that the DJM lower control arms did not deliver the full 3" front drop as promised. Might put 1/2" spacers in the back (if I can find some), depending on where it's parked it sometimes looks a little nose high to me.
Looking good.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

View attachment 233026

View attachment 233027

Looks good, gotta ditch that roof rack tho.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Fussed with shift settings a bit. Turns out I had torque management turned off. Oops.

Turned on now. Little smoother, but more importantly less stress on the trans.

What I really need is to see if I can load the thing in my computer and tell it to pull a little more timing during WOT shifts. Can't adjust it from the tuner itself and I want it to pull wayyyyy back. Closer to stock. It's exceedingly minor right now

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally found a day to change out my tie rods. Whack with the BFH and both sides broke free.

Here is a pick of the OEM and Moog problem solver ready to go on.

bCYH9sWjQQKsqLGSxBWMhQ.jpg

C94C6AD7-3F08-494D-89DF-25524B18F67A.jpeg

And digging around I see the upper control arm bushings are a little cracked. It can wait if needed. Only the lower arms were replaced when it was lowered. I wish I had done the uppers, but it was $$ at the time. Nonetheless, Moog, Energy Suspension or other doe anybody recommend?

Doesn't have to be today as I need to get the tie rods buttoned up and was going to go get it aligned ASAP.

Can I change out the upper arm bushings later without an alignment? Rather not have to pay for an extra alignment and hopefully he doesn't find anything else when it goes on the rack. Thx.

275954AC-CC29-487E-A011-B2A314F09876.jpeg

Last edited:

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Fussed with shift settings a bit. Turns out I had torque management turned off. Oops.

Turned on now. Little smoother, but more importantly less stress on the trans.

What I really need is to see if I can load the thing in my computer and tell it to pull a little more timing during WOT shifts. Can't adjust it from the tuner itself and I want it to pull wayyyyy back. Closer to stock. It's exceedingly minor right now

So apparently they require in house software to edit their files. Which is only available to vendors and not something I can get a hold of. Bummer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMC GUy