What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thanks, time to go thru the system. My fishing tackle box took out my JL W7 and everything else has taken a beating over the years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk
How'd that happen?
Love JL stuff. My 10" sub is JL and it hits hard.
JL makes some great stuff. I have a JL mono amp and 2 10's in a custom box that was made for a suburban.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks, time to go thru the system. My fishing tackle box took out my JL W7 and everything else has taken a beating over the years.

The W7 is a magnificent beast, my brother used to have one 13.5 when we were kids, in his nbs extended cab Silverado on a rockford T-1000, it was insane lol

Last edited:

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thx man.

Sheesh AC Delco showing $105 for the regulator without the motor and Dorman $103 for the regulator and the motor on Amazon.

@Galante

You think I need both the regulator and the motor or just the regulator because it is going up, just very slowly?
@Fosscore
Sorry foss, just saw this and i think you hsve your answer already. Personally i would do both.
Funny thing is right now i feel like my driver side on my 13 is messin up, not slow but loose. If i put the window all the way down it rattles while driving but putting it up a tiny bit and it stops

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How'd that happen?

JL makes some great stuff. I have a JL mono amp and 2 10's in a custom box that was made for a suburban.
I have the H.O. box from Jl and it doesn't have a cover to protect the woofer. My tackle box rocked over and was touching the surround of the woofer. It was like a woodpecker on a tree when I turned the stereo on and it tore through the surround. Not pretty.
The W7 is a magnificent beast, my brother used to have one when we were kids, in his nbs extended cab Silverado on a rockford T-1000, it was insane lol
Lots of JL fans here for good reason. Everybody said it was like to 12s instead of 1. Tight, hard hitting bass without being boomy since it's sealed. It made everything sound sound good. I run it with the JL1000 and its power hungry and at full tilt I could stall my truck with the stock alternator because it pulled so much juice. The shop (Tweeter/R.I.P.) that did the install got a complaint from the store next to them because it was knocking stuff off their walls!! JL had to send a 2nd box to the shop because it blew the first one apart...insane is exactly how I would describe it.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added dye to the oil after getting tired of a two drop a day oil leak leaving a mess on my floor.
Best I can see is the leak is from the front of the pan due to build up and what looks like two small streams coming from it.

Here's the bad buildup. Cleaned it up and will wait to see if more dye comes through. Build up was so thick I couldn't even see the dye under it.
Oil build front.jpg

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added dye to the oil after getting tired of a two drop a day oil leak leaving a mess on my floor.
Best I can see is the leak is from the front of the pan due to build up and what looks like two small streams coming from it.

Here's the bad buildup. Cleaned it up and will wait to see if more dye comes through. Build up was so thick I couldn't even see the dye under it.
View attachment 187899

Tuned in to see what comes of this, mine leaks about the same amount and from the same spot

Here’s what I did last night.

Put my valance back on and trimmed it. Took me all of 30mins not sure why I waited 2.5 years to put it back on haha
C280721C-0070-4D19-B5D5-D946EA5D7E2B.jpeg A941F1B8-587A-4722-AC57-412592268777.jpeg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 187899
You need to clean everything up with a pressure washer and degreaser, then have another look. That's kind of hard to see where it's coming from.
edit: oops, guess I didn't read your thread very well lol.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to clean everything up with a pressure washer and degreaser, then have another look. That's kind of hard to see where it's coming from.
edit: oops, guess I didn't read your thread very well lol.

That's what I do when I try to locate a leak. Brake cleaner helps tremendously for drying it up as well. I find that Purple Power, or LA Awesome both work far better than the aerosol engine degreasers that they sell at the auto parts stores.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How'd that happen?

I was reading up some on the Steve Meade audio forums, and I read about some new budget woofers from Alphard Audio called the " Machete". I even watched some YouTube video reviews on them supposedly these things are some BEASTS and are under $100 !!

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been driving the family's spare 2008 328i due to longer commutes...and in typical BMW/Mercedes fashion (personal experience with both), they're amazing until they don't work. Dealer wants $1,900 to replace oil filter gasket, 2 radiator hoses and replace radiator. Towing home to see what a local shop can do it for. The oil pan gasket and valve cover gaskets also "need" replacing, but I'm not forking out that 2k either.

On to the relevant info: still towing like a champ, even after I replaced the z71 springs for regular Moog ones.
soMbsL.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richie255