What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02 Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow those sure are bright lol. I got mine mounted up and wired into the trailer harness... they aren't working... gonna have to break out the meter and see why.

Before you remove it try tapping your brakes to see if they turn on. I made that mistake and ended up blinding people everyone :sorrysign:.All i remember is the ground isn't black and power isn't red lol.

edit: I looked reverse power is purple wire, Ground is white wire. Oh i also had installed yesterday new Bistein 5100s front/rear and rear springs.

Last edited:

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tapped directly into the stock reverse wire for my positive, and drilled in 2 self taping screws into the bumper for the negatives. Good luck.

Okay... this is going to sound silly but mine just refuse to work... which wire from the led lights are you using as a positive? The red or black?

02 Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay... this is going to sound silly but mine just refuse to work... which wire from the led lights are you using as a positive? The red or black?

Its pretty easy to use the trailer harness wiring, just tap the positive to the purple wire(reverse wire) and the negative to the white wire. If you want to use the reverse from the taillight then take off the tail light assembly then grab the reverse light bulb and use the wire that is attached to it and splice a wire into that wire for power. For the ground(negative) wire find a bolt that you can ground it out at.

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dimensions of the ones i got are 6 1/4" wide, 1 5/8" tall, and about 2" deep. Definitely smaller than the stock fogs.

Got them installed, and i'm pretty happy. They're 6000k, so they don't match the 5000k leds in my housings, but i think the brightness more than makes up for it. And i was skeptical about how it would look during the day, but i think they blend in pretty well.

Like i said, only thing that could make these better is if i could find a 5000k version. Anyone know where i could find some?

nice!!!

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Red for positive and black for negative. With that said, depending on what wires you tap into, it might be worth flipping that, just to make sure.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its pretty easy to use the trailer harness wiring, just tap the positive to the purple wire(reverse wire) and the negative to the white wire. If you want to use the reverse from the taillight then take off the tail light assembly then grab the reverse light bulb and use the wire that is attached to it and splice a wire into that wire for power. For the ground(negative) wire find a bolt that you can ground it out at.

That may be the case for 02, but 03+ it isnt.

On mine light green is reverse and black is ground at the trailer harness. However my trailer reverse light fuse keeps blowing. Its grounding out somewhere along the line, not sure where.

I have tried hooking up both lights to the reverse light wire and it trips too. however if I power each light up directly to the battery they work, so Im thinking something is jacked up in my wiring somehow... I soldered and heatshrinked everything so not sure. Gonna yank it out and rewire it and see what happens. Maybe I got a bad piece of wire... lol

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
Installed new brakes on the front, slotted/ported rotors and new carbon fiber pads. Sprayed my grille with Flexidip and sanded my billet bowtie, bumpers are next!

Attachments

• 20150125_174236.jpg
    20150125_174236.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20150125_174257.jpg
    20150125_174257.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 17

ryan04z71

Reaction score
Haven't been on in a while. I plasti-dipped the bowtie and some of the grill back last September. Still holding up great

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422407974217.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422407974217.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 16
  • uploadfromtaptalk1422408069057.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422408069057.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 15

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bl74