What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will do. I have hooked them to 12v and they are bright. I got the fog beam. Hoping to get them installed soon.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my vent caps in today. Went to go outside and paint them and it starts sleeting! :bandhead: also got a led 3rd brake light

BTW JochenWoern you the cleanest truck on here! I'm trying to be like you when I grow up. Lmao

Well thanks very much, I do appreciate the nice compliment.

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my Esky vent caps installed. I noticed something, though. They bulge out slightly at the top, they don't fit flush against the glass. I assume that's due to the Esky third brake light assembly?

Jochen, I see you have a "color matched 3rd brake like trim" listed in your sig. I thought you could only get the Esky third brake light by replacing the entire glass? Is yours OEM or aftermarket? I'd love to have that look, but can't afford or justify replacing the entire glass.

EDIT: after a ton of googling, I see that's actually a different glass, and not an Esky third brake light. I can only find that look on 2005ish Tahoes. I must be missing something. Where'd you get it?

Attachments

• 2015-01-24 11.02.09_800x450.jpg
    2015-01-24 11.02.09_800x450.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats the dimensions of these, looking for some small led cubes to replace the crap, stock fog lights.

also would like to do some hidden reverse lights like mentioned above.:happy160:

I went ahead and bought these floods for my reverse lights.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GLLW3AM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
All these style look pretty much the same size. I'll measure and let you know the size when I get them.

If I like them, I might try to do the same thing you are and replace my fogs. Thinking the spot version would be best for that.

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and bought these floods for my reverse lights.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GLLW3AM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

All these style look pretty much the same size. I'll measure and let you know the size when I get them.

If I like them, I might try to do the same thing you are and replace my fogs. Thinking the spot version would be best for that.

Yeah let me know. I've been meaning to do it just been lazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my Esky vent caps installed. I noticed something, though. They bulge out slightly at the top, they don't fit flush against the glass. I assume that's due to the Esky third brake light assembly?

Jochen, I see you have a "color matched 3rd brake like trim" listed in your sig. I thought you could only get the Esky third brake light by replacing the entire glass? Is yours OEM or aftermarket? I'd love to have that look, but can't afford or justify replacing the entire glass.

EDIT: after a ton of googling, I see that's actually a different glass, and not an Esky third brake light. I can only find that look on 2005ish Tahoes. I must be missing something. Where'd you get it?

Looks great!!!!!!! I would say that bulge is normal.

I do not have an Esky brake light or glass, nor did I buy any additional parts.

I simply took the black plastic trim off around the 3rd brake light and had it painted to match. It is the original plastic piece that came on the truck.

I think they changed the glass '04 and up, yours is an '03 and yes, the rear glass is slightly different.

I have seen someone here on the forum painting the black trim around the edges on your style glass to match and it looked great as well.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great!!!!!!! I would say that bulge is normal.

I do not have an Esky brake light or glass, nor did I buy any additional parts.

I simply took the black plastic trim off around the 3rd brake light and had it painted to match. It is the original plastic piece that came on the truck.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I just didn't realize that the 2004(+?) Yukon had a different rear hatch/3rd brake light trim. I might have to keep an eye out for that style. My hatch is probably my least favorite part of my truck. Previous owner had an air deflector mounted on the top sides of the glass, and it left a rust spot on the trim that is IMPOSSIBLE to get off.

Thanks for the info.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I just didn't realize that the 2004(+?) Yukon had a different rear hatch/3rd brake light trim. I might have to keep an eye out for that style. My hatch is probably my least favorite part of my truck. Previous owner had an air deflector mounted on the top sides of the glass, and it left a rust spot on the trim that is IMPOSSIBLE to get off.

Thanks for the info.

Check out member Z-56 HOE profile, I think he did his back glass as I mentioned.