What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CEN2MENTAL95

Banned
Reaction score
My 07 uses a little oil as well at the rate of ~1 qt per 3k miles. From my understanding this rate of consumption is "normal" or at least not big enough to warrant the expense it'd take to fix it at this point.

What oil weight do you use domin8? 5w-30? 10w-30?

how many miles you got? that just doesn't make sense...

but regardless the extra expense of using Shell Rotella (which is still cheaper than synthetic) is worth the peace of mind you get when you aren't constantly monitoring your oil levels

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

but regardless the extra expense of using Shell Rotella (which is still cheaper than synthetic) is worth the peace of mind you get when you aren't constantly monitoring your oil levels

I've got 123k on it. We've had it for 2 years now and bought it with 108k. I just keep an eye on it and generally change my oil every 3k anyway so my case isn't a real huge deal at the moment. From the research I've done the root cause of the issue is the PCV design.

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
I've got 123k on it. We've had it for 2 years now and bought it with 108k. I just keep an eye on it and generally change my oil every 3k anyway so my case isn't a real huge deal at the moment. From the research I've done the root cause of the issue is the PCV design.

Still weird my 01 with 114xxx was short less than 1/4 of 1 quart..

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
Debadged her while it rained and changed the cabin filters then quickly washed her in the rain xD

aefc1fe5-2fa2-e8eb.jpg

aefc1fe5-2fb6-4222.jpg

aefc1fe5-2fe6-8435.jpg

all the crap that fell out of the filter compartment
aefc1fe5-2ff7-b2d1.jpg

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed out my problem O2 sensor yesterday but couldn't make the light go off, so drove to a friends automotive shop to use his code reader to clear the code!! No mo light!! :)

brassknucklemafia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did a quickie big 3 with some 4g bits i had laying around the garage, until i feel like doing a rewire on the truck with 1/0 all the way around. now the lights dont dim so bad in the dash.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
kinda low to be burning oil ???

seafoam will necessite changing the spark plugs and oil right after and that wont help oil burninng...

I would try 5 qts of Shell Rotella 5w30...that usually fixes any oil issue

great oil!

I agree, and GM seems to also. That's why they have me recording my oil consumption problem.

I'll look into that oil.

What oil weight do you use domin8? 5w-30? 10w-30?

5w-30 as per 710 cap on truck.

Our trucks tell us when oil level is low on DIC.

From the research I've done the root cause of the issue is the PCV design.

I disagree. My dealer looked into this on my truck. PCV appeared to be working, yet oil is pooling in intake. Makes you wonder WTF.

Btw, also looked into ways to solve the tire rubbing issue I have since getting these Nitto TGs. Looks like a simple fix. Rubbing is on sway bar. Looks like the fix will be a simple ¼” wheel spacer. Dorman part number 711-916. I think I'm going to try that and report back. Seems to be enough lug stud left to do this too.

Last edited:

slipping

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed new driver door handle OBS.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1339123529102.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339123529102.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 29

Forum statistics

Threads
Members