What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Talked to the guy who has the Hoe. Very, very minor update--
"Ok, so I had some time to mess around with the truck for a few hours today. There is a software patch for the exact codes for your year and pcm hardware issue but can't for the life of me get it to load. Keep getting error codes. I'm taking the truck to work Monday and going to try to call into tech support during lunch. Also both front abs speed sensor are coded up. You want me to replace them while I have it ?"
I then asked about the crazy fuel trims and if it was still running ******--
"Yes. Barely runs and it's giving all sorts of tps and maf codes but it literally tells you in the GM tech line l software that , that software number has a update due to throttle choking and maf miscalibration and to perform update. So I click the update, it's downloads but keeps giving error 4492 and says try again. I tried like 30 times and tech support doesn't work weekends".

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Realized the poor performance of my A/C was likely tied to a bad air inlet door actuator since the door was stuck on "fresh air" and wouldn't budge no matter what I did with the controls. After spending 5 hours today getting to the actuator, I plugged in a new Dorman I bought (I know, I know, I should've gone OEM but I didn't have time) and it still wasn't moving. Rather than continue to troubleshoot or chase it down, I just propped a piece of wood to keep the door physically in the "recirculate" mode and put everything back together. I'll be driving ~40 minutes round trip to a football game tonight so will get to see if A/C performance is improved.

Talk about frustrating, that actuator is a total PITA to get to.

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Talked to the guy who has the Hoe. Very, very minor update--
"Ok, so I had some time to mess around with the truck for a few hours today. There is a software patch for the exact codes for your year and pcm hardware issue but can't for the life of me get it to load. Keep getting error codes. I'm taking the truck to work Monday and going to try to call into tech support during lunch. Also both front abs speed sensor are coded up. You want me to replace them while I have it ?"
I then asked about the crazy fuel trims and if it was still running ******--
"Yes. Barely runs and it's giving all sorts of tps and maf codes but it literally tells you in the GM tech line l software that , that software number has a update due to throttle choking and maf miscalibration and to perform update. So I click the update, it's downloads but keeps giving error 4492 and says try again. I tried like 30 times and tech support doesn't work weekends".

Does that update mess with your tune? I assume you have one...

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Realized the poor performance of my A/C was likely tied to a bad air inlet door actuator since the door was stuck on "fresh air" and wouldn't budget no matter what I did with the controls. After spending 5 hours today getting to the actuator, I plugged in a new Dorman I bought (I know, I know, I should've gone OEM but I didn't have time) and it still wasn't moving. Rather than continue to troubleshoot or chase it down, I just propped a piece of wood to keep the door physically in the "recirculate" mode and put everything back together. I'll be driving ~40 minutes round trip to a football game tonight so will get to see if A/C performance is improved.

Talk about frustrating, that actuator is a total PITA to get to.

My friend with a '95 Silverado replaced the entire A/C system in it. It would cool decently enough, but barely. He triple-checked the charge, etc. and noticed the vent volume seemed lacking. While checking for clogs, he felt cool air blowing out of the cowl. He removed the blower motor and taped the circulate door shut. Vent volume is much improved and no more chilled air leaking outside. It's a work beater so he's probably not gonna fix it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyguy88