What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just gonna leave this here, for anyone who NEEDS some of these plug wires, because, with these trucks, we definitely need headers. And when you install headers, well, you’d be silly not to replace those plug wires.. and of course plugs too, and I’d recommend some ARP header bolts.. but I digress.. I’ve been quite happy with my Accel 9070C ceramic wires, but these look great. Remind me of some that @Rocket Man got on eBay. Red and black options:
That's nice!! They must have recently started adding their logo like that? I'm using solid red ones from them about 2 years now.

Electrician

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the upgrade alternator I got from Pick a Part last year took a **** on me. I've been seeing my Voltage gauge bounce lately and my scanner was reading spikes over 15 volts the last few days. I already assumed bad Voltage Regulator, but I removed the plastic end cap to look and found a part of the rectifier broken. I think I may do a rebuild kit on it in my spare time. Never done one before but I'm pretty sure I can tackle it
New one I had to buy:
82C8CFD3-F61F-4C5A-899D-7815A28065A6.jpeg

Old one with cap removed (broken piece inside yellow circle)
D0F56AAA-FFC5-4CE0-B2FC-E3421F0E525E.jpeg

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck has developed a high pitch whistling which I'm assuming may be coming from a loose end. I'm also noticing the hoses have collapse to almost flat! Any insight on this
Kind looks like of like vacuum pulling opposite directions on each of the two tubes on your catch can.

Is there any remote chance one of the hoses is connected to a fitting where the flow is the opposite way?
Almost like the flow is pulling away from your can on both lines instead of following a one-way direction of flow through the can.

The whistle could be air sneaking in at the connection on one of you puckered hoses...

Maybe there is only two places to attache those hoses and they actually are in the right place. Just trying to come up with possible explanations for why your hoses flatten and the new whistling sound.

Good luck!

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kind looks like of like vacuum pulling opposite directions on each of the two tubes on your catch can.

Is there any remote chance one of the hoses is connected to a fitting where the flow is the opposite way?
Almost like the flow is pulling away from your can on both lines instead of following a one-way direction of flow through the can.

The whistle could be air sneaking in at the connection on one of you puckered hoses...

Maybe there is only two places to attache those hoses and they actually are in the right place. Just trying to come up with possible explanations for why your hoses flatten and the new whistling sound.

Good luck!
Thanks for your insight. The connection at valve cover goes to IN port on can and the OUT port is going to the upper intake port. I used low pressure fuel line for the hose runs. I may go back with trans/power steering hose which tends to be a bit more robust/stiffer to help maintain hose shape. I will take a peak when o get home from work today. Left it st home and jumped in the other truck

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your insight. The connection at valve cover goes to IN port on can and the OUT port is going to the upper intake port. I used low pressure fuel line for the hose runs. I may go back with trans/power steering hose which tends to be a bit more robust/stiffer to help maintain hose shape. I will take a peak when o get home from work today. Left it st home and jumped in the other truck
OK. I figured there probably weren't too many places to have connections in the wrong place. But I know I can surprise myself on my own projects sometimes, so I had to ask to be sure...

jcarriere

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally got around to posting these pics. I installed a center console and escalade roof racks on my burban.

Attachments

• 20220314_190829.jpg
    20220314_190829.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220314_190810.jpg
    20220314_190810.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220314_190757.jpg
    20220314_190757.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220314_190736.jpg
    20220314_190736.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 10

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got my truck back from the shop that has been doing my engine install for the past few weeks. It's been a long time coming, I slipped a camshaft bearing last year and finally sourced a crate engine after many months of being on backorder. Then I dropped it off just after the 1st of the year to get it installed. All's good except for the fact that all my AC refrigerant leaked out while my truck has been parked for the last 11 months. I knew I had a slow leak, but I guess it was worse than I thought.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it 30 miles round trip to have lunch with my dad. When I got back, left it running in the garage to go grab an Android device and load Torque up to check my LTFT's.

While connecting everything, I heard the fans kick on (ac was off) so that means the programming works! Wahoo!

Now to determine if it's worth the spend to pick up a set of K5L fans/shroud. Hrmm....