What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t say it was low on refrigerant. I took it in and had it charged because I thought it might be. It was a friend who owns a body shop. He has the equipment so he vacuumed it and charged it but it didn’t help, it’s the same. I’m not sure if the compressor cycles off, I know it turns on and the fans come on. Like I said, I don’t know sh*t about AC. I’ll first try to see if I can troubleshoot with my Tech2 but for the 02’s there isn’t much in the menu under HVAC. Thanks for the suggestions.
You can watch the compressor as it cycles off and on, it should do it pretty often and you can hear it. The pulley will always spin because it's connected to the belt but the inner circle of the pulley will stop rotating and start when it cycles off and on. So crank up the a/c and stare at the compressor pulley for about 5 minutes if you see anything different in the way it spins coinciding with a click as it start and stops it's not engaging.

GreenTahoeZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I didn’t say it was low on refrigerant. I took it in and had it charged because I thought it might be. It was a friend who owns a body shop. He has the equipment so he vacuumed it and charged it but it didn’t help, it’s the same. I’m not sure if the compressor cycles off, I know it turns on and the fans come on. Like I said, I don’t know sh*t about AC. I’ll first try to see if I can troubleshoot with my Tech2 but for the 02’s there isn’t much in the menu under HVAC. Thanks for the suggestions.
Hey, sorry it took me so long.
If you do the compressor, get the GM genuine. Also get the delco accumulator. Don't forget to get the orifice tube either.
I would also do the cycle switch on the accumulator and the refrigerant pressure sensor.

Also get a couple cans of this and follow the instructions to clean the evaporator coil in your dash.
you just feed the hose into the evaporator case through the drain and foam coil.
a dirty evaporator will keep killing the compressor.

Lubegard 96030 Kool-It Evaporator and Heater Foam Cleaner https://a.co/d/aTifebB

Have you replaced the little gray relay in the fuse box under the hood? That will make the compressor not cut on too. You can swap it with the horn relay to check it.

Hope this helps

GreenTahoeZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I need to do something similar. My AC isn’t blowing very cold so I had a shop recharge it but he said it looks like my compressor isn’t working because the pressure doesn’t go up and down when it cycles on and off. I know nothing about AC. Does this sound right? Afaik it’s original at 170k. A couple months ago it threw the belt a couple times. Is there a way to check the compressor? Also, what else do you guys recommend replacing while the system is apart? Accumulator and orifice tube? How about the condenser? I see RA has a bundle with the condenser.
I forgot to add. If you have compressed air, use it to blow out the lines and coils. Put a rag over the end of the hose or coil you're blowing out. This will help remove any excess oil. Just make sure not to add too much back as you won't be able to get every last drop out of the lines and coils. Make sure to wash your condenser coil with a hose too.
All this is only if you have to replace any refrigerant system parts.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Now to diagnose and fix this newly acquired death wobble :oops:

I have owned several NBS trucks and suvs and replacing the upper and lower control arms have fixed that issue. Alot of folks put a steering stabilizer thinking that might fix the issue and all that does is put a bandaid on the problem. Most of the time replacing the lower control fixes the issue but I always replace both.

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have owned several NBS trucks and suvs and replacing the upper and lower control arms have fixed that issue. Alot of folks put a steering stabilizer thinking that might fix the issue and all that does is put a bandaid on the problem. Most of the time replacing the lower control fixes the issue but I always replace both.
I narrowed it down to a bulge in my LF tire, swapped it to the rear and it moved the wobble to the rear end. I still may replace my shocks but the upper and lower arms look solid still. I do have a set of upper arms in the shop just in case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n