What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought the moog control arms to avoid pressing out/in the bearings. If you have a vice or that ball joint tool they probably press fairly easily though. I had to put the ones in my shocks.
Bearings? Bushings I think you mean?

I agree, just replace the control arms, easier.. and you still need an alignment when done.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought the moog control arms to avoid pressing out/in the bearings. If you have a vice or that ball joint tool they probably press fairly easily though. I had to put the ones in my shocks.
I did the same except for the lowers I bought the Spohn boxed ones.

live2pull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any feedback or experience with the energy suspension rear control arm bushing kit?? Just curious as my truck has well over 250k miles and I'd like to replace these. Patient pic attached

I have done the whole press bushings in and out. The time and effort it takes is not worth money saved. If you want poly bushings, the boxed spohn arms are the ticket.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done the whole press bushings in and out. The time and effort it takes is not worth money saved. If you want poly bushings, the boxed spohn arms are the ticket.
I have access to a 20 ton shop press. I don't mind taking it to my buddies shop and using it. What I am curious about is someone who has the bushing kit installed and ride feedback.

I replaced the lower ball joints on my control arms in my driveway and it was cake. Everyone always advising to replace the whole arm, which is not bad advise but the cost savings was good for me .

So does anyone have this kit installed and can comment on before/after?? I am fully aware pressing the bushings will be fun.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ball joints I will do, bushing are a no go for me.
:/. Thanks. I will keep that in mind. But I also did spend the cash on the super expensive nivomats and I’m glad I did. I just really wanted the advantage of the poly urethane energy suspension bushings.

Are the moog arms equipped with similar bushings??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts