What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Sorry, yes I did remove those bolts after taking the pic. The pics I posted was right after I pulled that front of the hub off--well it basically fell off in my hand. I was trying to get as much done as quickly as possible, while being attacked by mosquitoes----plus I've been awake almost 24 hrs. I was beating the crap out of that rear hub plate, and I was also trying to hammer a pry bar, then a long screwdriver with no good results.
This is a ton of metal shavings stuck to the abs sensor. I'm still shocked the wheel didn't fall off!View attachment 352936View attachment 352937
All done.
I had to get me an air hammer from HF.347311-6f2518b064c792afa36da1169bb5d748.jpg
Literally took 2 mins and it was off! HALLELUJAH!!347312-db74e8b01f0f7ed964fde9070544f305.jpg347313-3f194818296f08c583a6e790649ab47e.jpg
Well worth whatever I paid for it. I also installed a new cv ds axle. Weird thing--the brake maintenance light went off, but the abs light is still on. I tried to clear the codes but they just kept coming back. Next step is to swap out the ps sensor--and take it from there.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All done.
I had to get me an air hammer from HF.View attachment 352977
Literally took 2 mins and it was off! HALLELUJAH!!View attachment 352978View attachment 352979
Well worth whatever I paid for it. I also installed a new cv ds axle. Weird thing--the brake maintenance light went off, but the abs light is still on. I tried to clear the codes but they just kept coming back. Next step is to swap out the ps sensor--and take it from there.
Awesome. Good job Tony! BTW your Tech2 can tell you what’s setting that code so you don’t need to guess. That’s what it’s for.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it cut about halfway and put the breaker bar on it and twisted it off. @89 suburban, I read some of that other thread, and it didn't matter what speed I set the saw to, it ate up the blade without cutting very far. Ive been cutting a couple inches off of these blades to get to fresh teeth. Gotta go hunt down another set of the cam/bolt thingies, and get another can of pb blaster. Hopefully I can get it done today, there are more storms coming

They are the wrong blades my man, I know those suck. Went through the same thing. You need to get the red Diablo blades with the large teeth. Here, these are worth every penny:

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove out to the shop where my buddy has been working to have him weld this hole for the sway bar bushing. After he put everything away and I was trying to put the sway bar on I noticed one on the other side that also had a broken bolt, but they somehow had a bolt threaded in next to the other one...

I went ahead and just used bolts and washers on that side.

It's riding really nice. I need make sure I have the same air pressure in all of my tires, then find some level ground to adjust the torsion bars. Hopefully it won't be too long of a wait on the alignment.

I didn't don't get any pics of the finished product, you will just have to take my word for it.

Attachments

• 20211016_163718.jpg
    20211016_163718.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20211016_163746_HDR.jpg
    20211016_163746_HDR.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 6

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, got the ole Burban home finally. Had my Father in Law meet me at me work this morning, and we were able to pull it with a tow rope out of the parking garage to a point where the tow truck was able to load it. Oil level is fine, and the gauge says I have almost 20psi when I start the engine. But even if I rev up to 2500 rpns's, the oil pressure doesn't increase it just stays about 20psi. Does anyone know how to diagnose this? Should I throw a new oil pressure sensor on it first? Or should I just assume that my oil pump is going bad? Also, the oil level warning light has gone out now. It's confusing the hell out of me. Maybe I should fire the parts cannon. Just replace the oil level sensor and oil pressure sensor and go from there:shrug::shrug:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Well, got the ole Burban home finally. Had my Father in Law meet me at me work this morning, and we were able to pull it with a tow rope out of the parking garage to a point where the tow truck was able to load it. Oil level is fine, and the gauge says I have almost 20psi when I start the engine. But even if I rev up to 2500 rpns's, the oil pressure doesn't increase it just stays about 20psi. Does anyone know how to diagnose this? Should I throw a new oil pressure sensor on it first? Or should I just assume that my oil pump is going bad? Also, the oil level warning light has gone out now. It's confusing the hell out of me. Maybe I should fire the parts cannon. Just replace the oil level sensor and oil pressure sensor and go from there:shrug::shrug:
I'm sure everyone will recommend verifying oil pressure with a mechanical gauge 1st, then go from there. Could be as simple as a bad stepper motor.

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sure everyone will reccomend verifying oil pressure with a mechanical gauge 1st, then go from there. Could be as simple as a bad stepper motor.

If the cluster is original those should be air core motors.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure everyone will reccomend verifying oil pressure with a mechanical gauge 1st, then go from there. Could be as simple as a bad stepper motor.
My rig is a 2001, the cluster doesn't have stepper motors like the 03+ clusters to. 02 and older clusters have a low failure rate on the gauges. Other stuff fails in these clusters though, especially the odometer display.
As far as the mechanical oil pressure gauge, where would I attach/connect that to? Assuming I could even get my hands on one. I've never used one, I'm guessing they are just like a fuel pressure gauge or a compression tester gauge?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC