What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And soak it again.

Just making sure the three bolts you're saying you removed are the ones I've circled in red on the pic. After those are out from the back, I think what @TollKeeper was saying was to bang away sideways on the three ears that the bolts came through, hitting all three ears both ways, trying to rotate it.

View attachment 352930

If the bolts are sturdy enough, you could screw one in from the front and see if you could use a long prybar, pinned between the screw and the hub. Put some leverage on it to rotate it. I've never done one so I'm probably not all that helpful.
I was wondering if @Tonyrodz had removed or at least loosened those up because he said he was hammering away but all his pics show those bolts still in. Tony?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
And soak it again.

Just making sure the three bolts you're saying you removed are the ones I've circled in red on the pic. After those are out from the back, I think what @TollKeeper was saying was to bang away sideways on the three ears that the bolts came through, hitting all three ears both ways, trying to rotate it.

View attachment 352930

If the bolts are sturdy enough, you could screw one in from the front and see if you could use a long prybar, pinned between the screw and the hub. Put some leverage on it to rotate it. I've never done one so I'm probably not all that helpful.

I was wondering if @Tonyrodz had removed or at least loosened those up because he said he was hammering away but all his pics show those bolts still in. Tony?
Sorry, yes I did remove those bolts after taking the pic. The pics I posted was right after I pulled that front of the hub off--well it basically fell off in my hand. I was trying to get as much done as quickly as possible, while being attacked by mosquitoes----plus I've been awake almost 24 hrs. I was beating the crap out of that rear hub plate, and I was also trying to hammer a pry bar, then a long screwdriver with no good results.
This is a ton of metal shavings stuck to the abs sensor. I'm still shocked the wheel didn't fall off!20211015_161238.jpg20211015_161301.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, yes I did remove those bolts after taking the pic. The pics I posted was right after I pulled that front of the hub off--well it basically fell off in my hand. I was trying to get as much done as quickly as possible, while being attacked by mosquitoes----plus I've been awake almost 24 hrs. I was beating the crap out of that rear hub plate, and I was also trying to hammer a pry bar, then a long screwdriver with no good results.
This is a ton of metal shavings stuck to the abs sensor. I'm still shocked the wheel didn't fall off!View attachment 352936View attachment 352937
I hope you got a new axle nut. You’re supposed to replace it anyway but especially since it was the only thing holding your wheel on so I’m sure it’s stressed.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Parked mine today. Got a "Check oil Level" message on my instrument cluster. Checked my dipstick and the oil level was only a half quart low. Topped it off and the light is still on. I also noticed upon acceleration, I'm hear a very slight "diesel engine" type of pinging. Sounds similar to the Piston Slap that these engine get when they are cold. So I got spooked thing it's starved for oil, and I parked it till I can investigate further.
Idk how common it is, but when I had my pan off I just slightly wiped the little float thing for the oil level. Now I sometimes have the check oil level light, and it's plumb full. I kinda wish I would have put a new one in while I had the pan off.

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA