What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just find out who the local body shop supplier's are and get it local for the same price, there is a warehouse about 5 miles from me that sells all that stuff, valance's, bumpers, bumper covers, fenders, etc all the common stuff the area body shops use.
Well. This is a good plan in today's pricing, but when i was looking, the local certifits and collision suppliers were asking $80+

Either way I was in no rush and didn't mind the savings. That website has some nicely priced items.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got off work, threw my bag in the backseat, hopped in the driver's seat... Click.. click... Click... Mother pucker...

Grabbed one of the mechanics at my work, had him bang on the starter, while I hit the ignition. It finally clicked over and started.

No one had a starter in stock except AutoZone. But it was a new starter.

Got her installed, all is well .. except my wallet. It feels a bit thinner

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll race both of you, and win lol, nobody gets anywhere faster than me unless your flying or manage to outrun me in something with a higher top end, we can have our own cannonball run. GM suv's only.
Uncut Gems-Julia Fox>>all other Adam Sandlers movies before forgotten!!!

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got off work, threw my bag in the backseat, hopped in the driver's seat... Click.. click... Click... Mother pucker...

Grabbed one of the mechanics at my work, had him bang on the starter, while I hit the ignition. It finally clicked over and started.

No one had a starter in stock except AutoZone. But it was a new starter.

Got her installed, all is well .. except my wallet. It feels a bit thinner
Cost of convenience. Don't feel bad their Duralast units are all made by Delco Remy or MPA. Your new one is a great unit. I have a Duralast gold 160 Amp alternator on the tahoe I desperately needed when mine went.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So does it count when I buy stuff and use the tahoe as an Excuse!?!?! Hahaha!! I hopped on the Matco truck and got these. Not sure I need them buy they spoke to me.

Attachments

• Resized_Resized_20210810_170316.jpeg
    Resized_Resized_20210810_170316.jpeg
    191.9 KB · Views: 4

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well. This is a good plan in today's pricing, but when i was looking, the local certifits and collision suppliers were asking $80+

Either way I was in no rush and didn't mind the savings. That website has some nicely priced items.
for a re-pop? seems kind of high

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Stop sodomizing your truck then?
On the real: I'm curious on what's been going on. Just cause.... It's what I do. I wanna know!

huh.... TIL.
First was Oring on oil pickup tube... So had that done cause my injuries still dont make it easy to lay on the concrete for hours at a time... So let the shop I know do the work... That was all good, then it started leaking oil majorly... I am guessing PO had put high mileage oil in it, then when the shop put regular oil in it, boom instant leak... So, now here is all the leaks, Valve covers, valley pan, oil pressure sensor etc. So got all that done, along with knock sensors and harness while there anyways. I could have done this work, but chose not to.... 4 days later, hard start, pop back on first key cycle, then start on second...... I replaced the fuel press. reg. no fix... Fuel pump swap out with new Delphi one, No fix... Then CEL came on for P0327, Knock sensor 1... Brought it back to the shop, they ran the tech 2 on it, showed voltages and everything correct, cleared the code... 3 ignition cycles later, bam CEL back on. So dropped it off yesterday, they pulled the top back off, 2 new knock sensors and harness later, I'm on key cycle #4 so far... I beat on this thing LIke it owed me money all the way home last night... didn't fail... So we will see... Hell I have done all the crazy normal mierdia that fails, so it should be good... Fingers crossed.... But not holding my breath...

MY 2500 dollar Tahoe I bought 6 years ago was damn near bullet proof, Had 1 10 dollar sensor fail in the 1st 2 weeks, fixed that. 2 years in it had knock sensor issues, did them and worked perfect from day one... I got 40k miles out of it, someone scammed the mileage on me... But for 2500 I didn't care... Odometer had 142k on it, seats were still good, body dented a bit... Really had 250k on it when I got it...

I really hoped for better starting my relationship with this one... But maybe her and I just are not meant to be... She's a gold digger on me I think....

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My best guess..... Trailer harness got in the salt (?) water.... ( How long after your launch did the code appear??) Maybe the "short" pissed something off ??

It's fresh water, but yes that's definitely a possibility. My current situation with my trailing wiring is not ideal. I have a couple leads on what to test and go from there. Thanks for the input!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879