What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TeleTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Clandr1

I replaced the housings and bulbs with a 6 piece set from Brock, purchased from Amazon. They look great and provide better lighting at night. I didn't change out the bulbs to LED though. Still it is an improvement.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed my trans filter and fluid this morning, what a pain in the rear. How the heck does my deep pan not have a drain plug!?!?! 245k miles on my rig and she driving great. I been driving it last two weeks for work cause I didn't want to add miles to my new Audi. Tahoe been doing great. I keep it on practically 6-7 hours every day.

Also replaced the rear glass lift supports. Might rotate my tires tomorrow.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changed my trans filter and fluid this morning, what a pain in the rear. How the heck does my deep pan not have a drain plug!?!?! 245k miles on my rig and she driving great. I been driving it last two weeks for work cause I didn't want to add miles to my new Audi. Tahoe been doing great. I keep it on practically 6-7 hours every day.

You keep what on 6-7 hours every day?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

How'd you swap the fluid? Open the hose and let the pump spit it out? Or just drop the pan?

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How'd you swap the fluid? Open the hose and let the pump spit it out? Or just drop the pan?
Dropped the pan.

For future reference you have to at minimum disconnect the mid pipe at the rear section to allow for some prying down on it.
- use zip ties around 4-5 bolts at the corners to hold gasket in place. Delco Trans filter kit had a gasket where the holes were bigger than the bolts, so there was no holding the gasket with the bolts
- I also used a pry bar to push the shifter cable bracket to the side. The trans pan won't clear unless you take this bracket off or pry it to the side gently.

Probably be wise I have a pan ready with a drain plug cause this really pissed me off. Spent more time leaning the pan over trying not to make a mess than anything else. I'm look into buying one with a drain plug.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dropped the pan.

For future reference you have to at minimum disconnect the mid pipe at the rear section to allow for some prying down on it.
- use zip ties around 4-5 bolts at the corners to hold gasket in place. Delco Trans filter kit had a gasket where the holes were bigger than the bolts, so there was no holding the gasket with the bolts
- I also used a pry bar to push the shifter cable bracket to the side. The trans pan won't clear unless you take this bracket off or pry it to the side gently.

Probably be wise I have a pan ready with a drain plug cause this really pissed me off. Spent more time leaning the pan over trying not to make a mess than anything else. I'm look into buying one with a drain plug.
There’s very few Dorman parts I’ll buy but a deep transmission pan with drain plug was one of them since GM doesn’t make one. And my local Oreilly had one in stock.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s very few Dorman parts I’ll buy but a deep transmission pan with drain plug was one of them since GM doesn’t make one. And my local Oreilly had one in stock.

Yeah man I was like wtf!? Oh well. Next time I take it off ima be ready with one.

Rocketman!?! Where were you this morning around 930!?! That pan is only $40 bucks and in stock at AZ and Oreilly!! Dang it

Last edited:

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a whole lot done on the truck today, been trying to figure out how/where to mount my Icom IC-4100 in the cab. Any other HAMs out there that have mounted a radio? I’m thinking of picking up a spare cubby for the center console to cut up and try and make some mounts.