What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
pretty sure if you search ebay, you can find just the mirror.
Oh I know this. I’ve replaced both. I was hoping to find someone who had replaced theirs with maybe a Dorman or something not quite so no-name, and had them last longer.
One might wonder if the solder joints might just need to be reflowed, considering the issues we've all had with other components and the lead-free solder.
This is a good plan… since there are the 3 middle ones out, I think I’ll try the chip in the middle as well, as there are 3 separate chips in there also. (Of course, being careful not to overheat it)

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats cool! Every time I google "Sugar Loaf Mountian" Yours and another one in GA pop up before mine since it's really more like a bump compared to 9300'. Whenever I go back to CO for a vacation I might have to check your Sugar loaf out.
Really cool hiking trails, bears, moose, mountain lions, etc.. Really beautiful up there. No cell phone reception either! Great place to go to, to get unplugged.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something I have been wanting to do for a long time but put it off for some reason... Today, I replaced my headlights, turn signal lights and fog lamps along with put a new gold Bow tie for the front of the vehicle. On the back, I replaced both license plate lights with new LED's which look and work much better! Last week, I got my headliner redone by an upholstery shop locally. Looks like new! It is the little things that add up to make a big difference in the look and enjoyment of driving these old vehicles.

Did you replace the headlight and turn signal housings, or just the bulbs? A few months back I replaced all bulbs front and rear, my front turn signal/DRL housings, and my fog light housings and it made the truck look almost new again. It was pretty cool seeing what it looked like when I bought it over 15 years ago! Sometimes the slow degradation over time isn't very noticeable to us until it's really bad.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, looking at the 145A & 160A alternators, the 145A has a 4 pin connector, and the 160A has a 2 pin. I’m not sure about swapping a harness, or if you’d have to splice wiring or what. You did the swap @Tonyrodz ?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I know this. I’ve replaced both. I was hoping to find someone who had replaced theirs with maybe a Dorman or something not quite so no-name, and had them last longer.

This is a good plan… since there are the 3 middle ones out, I think I’ll try the chip in the middle as well, as there are 3 separate chips in there also. (Of course, being careful not to overheat it)
I have used a couple of the cheap replacement mirror glass assemblies with mixed success. Some of them look like a funhouse mirror so I read reviews and go from there. Amazon takes them back if they don’t look right so I buy through them. But when faced with $300+ for an OEM glass I figure it’s worth it even if it takes me 3 tries until I’m happy. Never had any LED’s go out though.

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have used a couple of the cheap replacement mirror glass assemblies with mixed success. Some of them look like a funhouse mirror so I read reviews and go from there. Amazon takes them back if they don’t look right so I buy through them. But when faced with $300+ for an OEM glass I figure it’s worth it even if it takes me 3 tries until I’m happy. Never had any LED’s go out though.
@Sam Harris. Same here. Bought 3 mirrors from Amazon and they all sucked. Funhouse look. Returned them. Found KoolVue brand worked the best on Drivers side. Clear view and defrost worked pretty good. Unfortunately, just saw no longer available through Amazon.