What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most of the hydroboost conversion articles and videos that I’ve seen recommend getting a new hydroboost unit rather than a used one, which postpones the leaking. :) Which reseal kits/methods have you tried? I’m gathering information as I know that it will leak at some point.
I wanted to do this conversion, but it seemed like more work and expense than I wanted to deal with. Can I ask approximately what you’ll be spending in parts, buying new..? Imagine it will be pretty significant. Were those pedals also new? (They looked it!)

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I'm pissed. Damn codes keep coming back. Wtf

8 degrees of knock regard at anything above half throttle. Feels slowwww

View attachment 278368 View attachment 278369

I had that same code p0332 come up after a full knock sensor job. We used Delphi knock sensors and a new harness from RA. Pissed me off. I cleared code and hasn't came back on like 300 miles ago

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard the fitting is too deep so it won’t screw down tight. The washer must fit inside the fitting and it will be obvious which way it goes, just match the curve of the inside of the fitting. This is the fitting, you can see how that washer goes. How did you get them to send the washers?
Edit: I went back in the thread and see you contacted Goodridge so I just emailed them and asked for help getting these.

View attachment 278360
I already got a reply from Goodridge, they’re sending the spacer to me.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So yeah the Energy Suspension rear sway bar bushings are a Mofo to press!!!! Probably going to take them to a shop to have them pressed so I csn install at home

View attachment 278366
It kinda looks like you pressed the sleeve into the bushing there before pressing the bushing into the end link..? I’d definitely do it in the opposite order. Not sure if that’s what you’re doing..?

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It kinda looks like you pressed the sleeve into the bushing there before pressing the bushing into the end link..? I’d definitely do it in the opposite order. Not sure if that’s what you’re doing..?

The metal sleeve slips right on. I just joined them to keep track of them. I tried pressing it into the sway bar without the sleeve several times.

eohat

In Torque We Trust
Reaction score
I wanted to do this conversion, but it seemed like more work and expense than I wanted to deal with. Can I ask approximately what you’ll be spending in parts, buying new..? Imagine it will be pretty significant. Were those pedals also new? (They looked it!)

I paid $38 per pedal new. Amazon has since dropped the price to $28 each. :mad: I wanted to get the GM pedal while it was still available.

If you follow this video over to YouTube he has a complete parts list in the description. The hydroboost unit is less expensive on RockAuto than Amazon, but it’s not cheap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz