What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What made you install it? Having issues with the frontend?

Just cause all the positive rave about it. Cheap enough to buy plus I'm sure the bigger wheels on the truck adds stress to gear box. The way I see it, it will only prolong the life of all the new chassis I just installed.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just now installed the kyb steering stabilizer. What a pain in the butt!! Bout to clean up and take it on a test drive. View attachment 276774 View attachment 276775
I didn’t find mine hard to install at all. Only had to drill one hole and the rest amounted to about 4 bolts. But then again anything done while laying under the truck and working over your head sucks.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some over on the suspension sub forum also installed it and gave it great feedback. Probably will be ordering the energy suspension sway bar bracket/bushings he installed for the front and rear of the truck.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t find mine hard to install at all. Only had to drill one hole and the rest amounted to about 4 bolts. But then again anything done while laying under the truck and working over your head sucks.

The current hole there needs to be opened up to fit the big bolt included and drilling the extra hole for the 5/16 bolt as well. You are right, it wasn't bad just the instructions aren't worth the paper they are printed on. Also I was missing a nut in the packaging and had to resort to finding one in my tool box.

Now that I know how it's done. Next one going on in less than 15 mins. I just didn't want to booger anything up and make my truck faster by drilling to many holes in and and reducing weight.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good man. Why couldn’t you wait..? Brakes making too much noise..? [emoji1787] I pushed mine out a week for the rears.. need brakes in the rear and they’re driving me nuts, but after first thinking I’d just go with standard brakes, changed my mind.. so getting the Z36 kit for the rears as well. Install is this Thursday. Of course, when I painted the front GMT900 calipers, they look ok, but are a little dinged up already. So I then decided I’ll also get the powder coated rear calipers. Lol. Those aren’t here until next week, so will be a separate install, but oh well. Today, I’m touching up the front calipers with some brush-on POR-15.

After 2 coats.. that’ll do.. if (when) they need another coat, I’ll probably just get the powder coated front calipers as well. This way I’ll get to see how the rears hold up though. [emoji16][emoji106]

e96905fd4d9aeeaf596e71f21616dfb9.jpg
f361f4312d46560c9625ef5e0bb03db1.jpg

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
The goodridge SS lines I ordered are on back order till at least the 29th. I didnt want to end up with something that didn’t fit or was defective and be past my 30 days or anything. Plus I was bored lol

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good man. Why couldn’t you wait..? Brakes making too much noise..? [emoji1787] I pushed mine out a week for the rears.. need brakes in the rear and they’re driving me nuts, but after first thinking I’d just go with standard brakes, changed my mind.. so getting the Z36 kit for the rears as well. Install is this Thursday. Of course, when I painted the front GMT900 calipers, they look ok, but are a little dinged up already. So I then decided I’ll also get the powder coated rear calipers. Lol. Those aren’t here until next week, so will be a separate install, but oh well. Today, I’m touching up the front calipers with some brush-on POR-15.

After 2 coats.. that’ll do.. if (when) they need another coat, I’ll probably just get the powder coated front calipers as well. This way I’ll get to see how the rears hold up though. [emoji16][emoji106]

e96905fd4d9aeeaf596e71f21616dfb9.jpg
f361f4312d46560c9625ef5e0bb03db1.jpg
Are those the ones I sold you Sam or did you end up buying new ones?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA