What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m nervous. But just how nervous should I be about this oil cap looking like this. 5cf365ff429f87925013f9b42df195be.jpg
34fe5d0b9e407a3d857225d517999da1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That more solidified gunk on the O-ring tells me it may be more than just common condensation. Do you do a lot of short trips?

It’s easy enough to pull a rocker cover and have a look. That will be way more telling.

:signs75:

Pop off a cover and get some answers before serious damage occurs.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tying to install footwell lights. Want to use a pin on the back of the MBEC as demonstrated on another site, but I can't figure out how to get the TPA (terminal position assurance) out so I can slide my metri-pack pin into it. Argh. Made a thread in our electronics section: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/mbec-help-back-plug.124715/

Reached out to the OP on the other site, but he hasn't been "seen" since 2019. Long shot there.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tying to install footwell lights. Want to use a pin on the back of the MBEC as demonstrated on another site, but I can't figure out how to get the TPA (terminal position assurance) out so I can slide my metri-pack pin into it. Argh. Made a thread in our electronics section: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/mbec-help-back-plug.124715/

Reached out to the OP on the other site, but he hasn't been "seen" since 2019. Long shot there.
I did this a couple years ago. I’ll see if I can find my post...

Ok, found my post, but I didn’t say what wire I used. Lol. It was the grey with black stripe that I tapped into.

ETA: I guess you’re asking how to get the pin out, not which wire to tap into. I’m not sure if I pulled that one out, or just tapped it another way. [emoji2369]

Last edited:

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this a couple years ago. I’ll see if I can find my post...

Ok, found my post, but I didn’t say what wire I used. Lol. It was the grey with black stripe that I tapped into.

ETA: I guess you’re asking how to get the pin out, not which wire to tap into. I’m not sure if I pulled that one out, or just tapped it another way. [emoji2369]
As a last fitch, I know I can tap a wire. I'm trying to avoid that by using a pin into the back of the MBEC as referenced here: https://www.gmfullsize.com/threads/installing-footwell-lights-in-03.104799/post-5720705 Just no clue how to get the darn blue "TPA" out to allow the pin to insert. Teehee. It's supposed to go in the second from bottom 10th spot over.

vppNUZw.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a last fitch, I know I can tap a wire. I'm trying to avoid that by using a pin into the back of the MBEC as referenced here: https://www.gmfullsize.com/threads/installing-footwell-lights-in-03.104799/post-5720705 Just no clue how to get the darn blue "TPA" out to allow the pin to insert. Teehee. It's supposed to go in the second from bottom 10th spot over.

vppNUZw.jpg
Never pulled one from there but others I’ve pulled have a tang that needs to be depressed, just like pulling a pin out. Maybe look at the pin you’re inserting, see where the tang is, and slide a pin removal tool or tiny flat tool into the same place along the TPA.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coffeeguy