What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting ready for winter and got blessed with decent weather for Thanksgiving weekend, so here goes...

Water pump has been whining for a bit, which of course prompted a domino effect. I've had parts in the garage for a while now:

AC Delco OE water pump w/ stat and housing
Idler and tensioner pulleys
Serp belt
A/C tensioner & belt

Then some extras to make the whole project worth it... lol

Heater tee fittings (NOT PLASTIC!)

View attachment 263701

Dexcool, distilled water
Constant tension (OE style) hose clamps and some silicone hose pieces purchased through McMaster Carr.

Since I was replacing the tees at the firewall, I got the Dorman piece with the metal tee by the pump. Then I found this and couldn't resist....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282998165401

Friday night I drained the system via the lower radiator hose. Then I filled it with the garden hose, ran it for 10-15 minutes, and drained again. I repeated this 5-6 times while I sipped a few brews until it was running clear. Then I pulled the pump and let everything drip overnight.

Saturday, I did the job. Everything went smoothly and according to plan. I pretty much just copied @iamdub on the tees (cutting the rear lines to fit). I used the peices of silicone hose and spring clamps from McMaster. Yes, I put the wiring back where it belongs when I was done...

View attachment 263699

Then I replaced the A/C belt and tensioner. I used the green Gates belt. Installed the AC Delco OE pump, tensioner, idler, and serpentine. Refilled with new Dex and distilled H2O.

View attachment 263704

Love the red silicone hoses from Glenn's. The truck is definitely faster now and has exactly ZERO plastic tee fittings in the cooling system! Topped it off with the awesome NBS sticker they sent!

View attachment 263705
Nice work Nate. Always 1 upping me. ;)

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
IDK about yall but I hate side post battery terminals more than I hate the chaffing you get from walking too much in wet undies. Stumbled upon this product on another forum and thought some people may like to see it. I think This is in my near future along with a big 3 upgrade.

https://jims-machineworkx.myshopify...t-down-style-set-screw-type-battery-terminals

b8f59cd18_21704407445b80fa6df4b1a7d10a4ef8d0656788.jpg
That's nice. I HATE the side post setup, but these will only work if you have the dual post battery setup? Top and side?

RobsFreeland

Old wild land firefighter
Reaction score
Spent most of the day removing exhaust sensors on 04 Tahoe. Couldn’t free the nuts on the down tube.... had to cut both sides. Will replace with black heart headers. Removed spark plugs and then the harmonic balancer. Will remove timing cover tomorrow for tdc so I can pop the heads off. New lifters, springs, cam etc. I’m tired of squirming on my belly like a reptile.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
K6536 vs K6536HD

About to do a front end rebuild since I have a wheel bearing going out. Mostly need an idler and pitman arm and found Moog K6723 for a good price. I see 2 different Moog Pitman arms and not sure which one would be better obviously the HD sounds better but is there any real difference or a totally different part I should look for. Not looking to spend Kryptonite money since the truck isn't 4wd or on big tires.

Thanks guys!

P.S. I did try searching but the search bar is still useless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali