What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn’t actually do anything other than get this update.

View attachment 250780
In all honesty I have to say you should get an OEM used harness and relay pack and return that one. There’s a member here (@ScottyBoy ) who gets them, cleans them up, re-looms them and sells them for about the same price as that one. All of the aftermarket ones have a tendency to melt when it gets real hot, like 100* days. Nelson, LS1 Fans, etc. My LS1 Fans harness melted when I was 150 miles from home on a 102* day and stranded me. I rebuilt it with 80 amp relay blocks and heavier wire and it melted again. My OEM one has been going for 2 summers with no problems. It’s a different design than the aftermarket ones. I wish I’d known before I went through all the crap I did. Just a heads up.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In all honesty I have to say you should get an OEM used harness and relay pack and return that one. There’s a member here (@ScottyBoy ) who gets them, cleans them up, re-looms them and sells them for about the same price as that one. All of the aftermarket ones have a tendency to melt when it gets real hot, like 100* days. Nelson, LS1 Fans, etc. My LS1 Fans harness melted when I was 150 miles from home on a 102* day and stranded me. I rebuilt it with 80 amp relay blocks and heavier wire and it melted again. My OEM one has been going for 2 summers with no problems. It’s a different design than the aftermarket ones. I wish I’d known before I went through all the crap I did. Just a heads up.
Yup. Unfortunately, I’ve been unable to reach him after requesting one that he had for sale. [emoji53]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove