What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used LED strips with 3M high bond adhesive tape on them, cleaned the area with alcohol and dry wiped it, and stuck them in place across the bottom of the door. They’re still on 2 years later.

Good to know.... Thanks!!

I was hesitant to trust the plastic finish of the door panels to hold the 3M glue strip for a long enough time.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to know.... Thanks!!

I was hesitant to trust the plastic finish of the door panels to hold the 3M glue strip for a long enough time.
I put them on the metal of the door, not the panel. Not sure what your intention is but mine was to light up the ground when the doors are opened, like puddle lamps on steroids. I’m not sure how well they would hold on plastic.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put them on the metal of the door, not the panel. Not sure what your intention is but mine was to light up the ground when the doors are opened, like puddle lamps on steroids. I’m not sure how well they would hold on plastic.
I don’t remember this. Must be on the Beast..? Can you post a pic?

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score

My reason for the LEDs too.. ( It bugged me the puddle lights are lit for a short moment)
I had considered mounting on the actual panel so if the panel does get removed, it stays on the panel & no wires to disconnect. I will figure both surfaces, and see what I come up with.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
My reason for the LEDs too.. ( It bugged me the puddle lights are lit for a short moment)
I had considered mounting on the actual panel so if the panel does get removed, it stays on the panel & no wires to disconnect. I will figure both surfaces, and see what I come up with.
You can splice into the door light harness--if you have those on the rear doors--and drop the wires down between the door panel and door.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t remember this. Must be on the Beast..? Can you post a pic?

You can splice into the door light harness--if you have those on the rear doors--and drop the wires down between the door panel and door.

Here you go guys. They're wired into the door light wires like Tony said. Bright as hell at night, they really light up the ground. I just bought a roll of cut-to-length LED strip lights. You just cut them to whatever length you need, and peel the rubber coating off at one end which exposes the soldering pads. I used heat shrink tube over where the wires connect to waterproof that part.

IMG_5976.JPG IMG_5980.JPG IMG_5984.JPG IMG_5987.JPG IMG_5989.JPG

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Here you go guys. They're wired into the door light wires like Tony said. Bright as hell at night, they really light up the ground. I just bought a roll of cut-to-length LED strip lights. You just cut them to whatever length you need, and peel the rubber coating off at one end which exposes the soldering pads. I used heat shrink tube over where the wires connect to waterproof that part.

View attachment 243041 View attachment 243042 View attachment 243043 View attachment 243044 View attachment 243045
:waytogo:I still like it :D. Once I get 'er up and running I'll do this too. Gotta see if I have them in blue. I know I have white.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts