What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rgosart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a cheap Bissell spot clean carpet extractor off Craigslist for $20 and cleaned my carpets.

20191103_151145.jpg 20191103_154229.jpg

Also parked next to a stock (and fairly tired looking) Tahoe. Wheels, tires, and a level really make a big difference!

20191103_231032.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be into that as soon as I can make sure hot engine coolant is getting through that rear heater core.

EDIT: everything works correctly this morning, so the Tech 2 recal seems to have done its job. I'll watch it closely over the next few weeks to be sure it stays good.
Once the engine is warmed up you can reach under the back of the truck and feel the lines to see if they are both warm, you can also take that rear hvac kick panel off and then stretch that nice long tech2 cable out to the back of the truck and command the rear actuator to hot or cold and you can see the if the actuator turns all the way or not, there are little guide lines on the plastic it should move all the way from one guide line to the other.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be into that as soon as I can make sure hot engine coolant is getting through that rear heater core.

EDIT: everything works correctly this morning, so the Tech 2 recal seems to have done its job. I'll watch it closely over the next few weeks to be sure it stays good.
i thought the rear used heating elements for the heater?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i thought the rear used heating elements for the heater?
maybe on a hybrid, but not the gas trucks there is 2 coolant line's that split off to the rear at the firewall (common failure area for the "T" to break or crack)

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Was Saturday, but.. washed the nasty snow, mag chloride, salt and grime off. Didn’t have time for the normal detail, but at least she’s mostly clean. Parked next to my buddy’s Sierra at work.

Looks great, Sam! I sure need to do mine after that snowy week we had.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Once the engine is warmed up you can reach under the back of the truck and feel the lines to see if they are both warm, you can also take that rear hvac kick panel off and then stretch that nice long tech2 cable out to the back of the truck and command the rear actuator to hot or cold and you can see the if the actuator turns all the way or not, there are little guide lines on the plastic it should move all the way from one guide line to the other.

That's the plan if/when it doesn't work right.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the plan if/when it doesn't work right.
if the rear coolant lines are 1 hot & 1 cold then the rear heater core is clogged
if the blend door actuator does not move properly then it should be replaced, there are 2 in the back 1 controls hot/cold the other controls air up/down (floor/ceiling), there is also a rear blower resistor and a rear controller module, if neither of the rear actuators operate then the rear controller module is likely bad, if the rear fan does not blow then likely it is the rear blower resistor.
if all that works then possibly the little sensor in the headliner is faulty, the long wheel base have 2 (depending the year and system, some even have 3) one above the drivers head and the other is in the back above the right rear passenger, if it has 3 then the 3rd would be all the way in the back left rear headliner near the rear hatch.
beyond that if it is the digital system and depending on the year there are more temp sensors in the ducts they should have 5v volts power on the harness and to test one you take it out and apply heated air to the sensor and use a meter to test if the resistance changes when heat is applied.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jterry76