What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SteveB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed front brake pads , mine were shot. Have an alt issue to figure out. Drops to about 12v on the gauge cruising down the highway but goes back to 14v on the gauge. Put the battery on the load tester at work and it shows 14v at idle.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Changed front brake pads , mine were shot. Have an alt issue to figure out. Drops to about 12v on the gauge cruising down the highway but goes back to 14v on the gauge. Put the battery on the load tester at work and it shows 14v at idle.

What year truck? You may have rvc.

Edit: I just looked to refresh my memory. This is your 05? You may have it. Look for this on your negative cable....

20190612_195526.jpg

Last edited:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Yes mine is an 05 and that is on my negative cable , plus I have battery light on the cluster also.

Not sure about your battery light, obviously...

But that sensor is the regulated voltage control. That's why your gauge goes from 12 to 14 and back wherever it wants. It's basically an amprobe that's deciding when / how much to charge your battery based on load.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes mine is an 05 and that is on my negative cable , plus I have battery light on the cluster also.
Pull the codes? Have the battery tested. getting 14v @ battery while idling indicates your alt is likely working as intended. Try testing it when hot though, sometimes issues don't show up til you get some heat in the alt.

I had a optima battery that I was getting a battery light on the dash from. 14v @ idle. Always started no problem. I had the battery tested and it was failing the test. Some bad cells. Optimas are not what they used to be....

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive got my cluster read out set to mpg avg like all the time. i hit the button to see my miles.

ive put a mere 3,000 miles on the hoe since i got it. almost two years ago.

i decided to park the regal and dd the hoe for a week or so. its been sitting way to much. i drive it once a week in the summer time. but its the full time winter driver.

SteveB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull the codes? Have the battery tested. getting 14v @ battery while idling indicates your alt is likely working as intended. Try testing it when hot though, sometimes issues don't show up til you get some heat in the alt.

I had a optima battery that I was getting a battery light on the dash from. 14v @ idle. Always started no problem. I had the battery tested and it was failing the test. Some bad cells. Optimas are not what they used to be....
I get no codes for the alt , just a camshaft position sensor code. I have the red top optima out of my race car in it. Maybe its the battery , I'll test it tomorrow at work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aquarianking