What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the Northstar 34/78. Not impressed with the GP machined terminals, the bolts are too long and they're hard to tighten. I also almost stripped one of the tightening bolts just using a hex key by hand. But the battery and terminal work great, and volts are at right around 14.5, with very very minimal drop. And it cleaned up the sq on my subs :D

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I first bought the Yukon, it had a lot of swirl marks on the paint when you catch it in a reflection. The paint is good, but the seller had a "detail". ( I hate those kinds of "details" )......

I got my zymol cleaner wax and my buffer ( the oscillating/ vibrating type).
Cleaned up the swirl marks. Easy to use.

If you guys have old polish / wax on the paint, use Meguire's "Wash Plus" soap. Wash your paint sorta like polishing it. It removes all the old stuff on the paint, giving you a raw surface.

Then a good wax.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
When I first bought the Yukon, it had a lot of swirl marks on the paint when you catch it in a reflection. The paint is good, but the seller had a "detail". ( I hate those kinds of "details" )......

I got my zymol cleaner wax and my buffer ( the oscillating/ vibrating type).
Cleaned up the swirl marks. Easy to use.

If you guys have old polish / wax on the paint, use Meguire's "Wash Plus" soap. Wash your paint sorta like polishing it. It removes all the old stuff on the paint, giving you a raw surface.

Then a good wax.

Clay bar.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My friend's black car had been 'detailed' for some time. The "fast wipe stuff" only laid a coat of shiny stuff on the paint.... layer after layer. It looked like it was oil on black.
The wonderful paint was beat up by the detailers, wiping on cheap glaze junk.

I researched how to start all over on the black. So I got the "wash plus" to remove all the junk on the paint. Then hand-buffed Mother's Carnuba Wax. It looked 2 feet deep!!

( photo)..... Notice the left of photo, 1/3rd of the bonnet, what the actual condition of the raw paint looked like. ( enlarge pic to see)
Then the center-to-right is the fresh Carnuba. Big difference!!

wax before after.jpg

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm on a roll with the wheels and all, it's not raining like it's supposed to be and I mowed the other day so....

I figure it's finally time to take a couple minutes and add the cabin filter that's been sitting in my garage.

1st: I'm a moron and decided to take out the impossible 3rd screw for the kickplate that's way up in behind the console and THEN look at this...

15587400787724564633295318522737.jpg

Don't know how I'm going to get it back in. A lot of swearing, I suppose.

2nd: There's no groove to cut!? Guess I'm gonna freehand it. Lame.

20190524_181630.jpg

I blame @Galante

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm on a roll with the wheels and all, it's not raining like it's supposed to be and I mowed the other day so....

I figure it's finally time to take a couple minutes and add the cabin filter that's been sitting in my garage.

1st: I'm a moron and decided to take out the impossible 3rd screw for the kickplate that's way up in behind the console and THEN look at this...

View attachment 223677

Don't know how I'm going to get it back in. A lot of swearing, I suppose.

2nd: There's no groove to cut!? Guess I'm gonna freehand it. Lame.

View attachment 223678

I blame @Galante
I think I'll do this too.......one day :oops: