What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MannyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you take a picture of the back of the headlights? I would like to see how the projector is mounted. I know anzo uses the same type of mounting points as stock. If these do as well k may pick up these lights and swap my retrofit into them

Will do. I'll try to get some pics up over the weekend

Massfloefi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Retrofit by Lightwerkz in NJ this morning.

image1 (1).jpeg

image2 (1).jpeg

Had to hit the adjusters with PB Blaster and the drivers side still wouldn't raise the headlight enough. At this point it only clicks when you turn it but no adjustment. Headlights are aimed to low. I was able to wedge something between the grill and headlight assembly to get almost another 1" but I still feel like there is more room for improvement. Looking for a set of used Denali headlights. Hopefully I can get adjusters that will go up adjust enough. I have heard that the Morimoto H1 have a sharp drop off and I hope that's not the case here. See below for what I am talking about.

IMG_0083.JPG

IMG_0084.JPG

This is just before I wedged something between the headlight and grill.

1992rs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Retrofit by Lightwerkz in NJ this morning.

View attachment 214329

View attachment 214330

Had to hit the adjusters with PB Blaster and the drivers side still wouldn't raise the headlight enough. At this point it only clicks when you turn it but no adjustment. Headlights are aimed to low. I was able to wedge something between the grill and headlight assembly to get almost another 1" but I still feel like there is more room for improvement. Looking for a set of used Denali headlights. Hopefully I can get adjusters that will go up adjust enough. I have heard that the Morimoto H1 have a sharp drop off and I hope that's not the case here. See below for what I am talking about.

View attachment 214332

View attachment 214333

This is just before I wedged something between the headlight and grill.

You’re cut off looks like mine. Did you use mh1 7.0’s? I wish I would of done a little more research before I did my retrofit because the mh1’s aren’t very good for distance and they put a ton of foreground lighting, which is the opposite of what I need with all my leds and fogs.

Thats cool you had lightwekrz do the retrofit though! They are legends. I remember finding out about them in 2010, when retrofits were more underground and everyone was running ****** PnP hid kits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re cut off looks like mine. Did you use mh1 7.0’s? I wish I would of done a little more research before I did my retrofit because the mh1’s aren’t very good for distance and they put a ton of foreground lighting, which is the opposite of what I need with all my leds and fogs.

Thats cool you had lightwekrz do the retrofit though! They are legends. I remember finding out about them in 2010, when retrofits were more underground and everyone was running ****** PnP hid kits.

He did use MH1 7.0. I have the same retro ut mine doesnt drop off like that.

I do have the same strange cutoff like his wall shot.

I really wish I went with a d2s projector... I think it would have been fine trimming some of the housing theres an awkward lip that looks like you could easily trim it to fit a larger projector

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score

foreground limiter