What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gave my hoe its first oil change by me. bought it last dec it just had a oil change at the dealer, put a measly 1200 miles on it since i bought it. oil change due to time. got to love that.

the 5.3 took a 5 qt jug and a another qt. didnt think it would take 6.

alsp did my regal and my friends 300c 5.7 hemi, that thing took 7 qts to fill. regal takes 4.5 qts.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the AC actuator yet in the dash that switches from defrost to floor vents to the main AC vents? Mine just took a shit yesterday, now it's stuck on defrost.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Messed with the HVAC

No front heat on my '01 SLT.

The rear heat works so I know it's not the core or coolant related, so I tried the actuator relearn procedure. I can hear the actuators move when moving the dials, but still no heat. I'm getting ready to remove the cover under the dash so I can visually watch the blend door actuator and tey to figure this out.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon XL Denali
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Actually it CAN be heater core related. The front and rear have two separate heater cores. But if the rear is getting hot, you at least know it's not coolant related. Either the front heater core is clogged or its something to do with the blend door most likely.

Reaction score
Actually it CAN be heater core related. The front and rear have two separate heater cores. But if the rear is getting hot, you at least know it's not coolant related. Either the front heater core is clogged or its something to do with the blend door most likely.
Yeah, my bad! It would be kinda hard to use the front heater core for the rear heat unless there was some crazy ductwork thing running back there from the dash.... Lol

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon XL Denali
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
gave my hoe its first oil change by me. bought it last dec it just had a oil change at the dealer, put a measly 1200 miles on it since i bought it. oil change due to time. got to love that.

the 5.3 took a 5 qt jug and a another qt. didnt think it would take 6.

alsp did my regal and my friends 300c 5.7 hemi, that thing took 7 qts to fill. regal takes 4.5 qts.
Made that mistake 1st time I changed the oil. 4.8, 5.3 and 6.0 all take 6 qts. Not sure about the 8.1 tho.

ArcticYukon

The White Yuke has been superseded by a Red Hoe
Reaction score
Made that mistake 1st time I changed the oil. 4.8, 5.3 and 6.0 all take 6 qts. Not sure about the 8.1 tho.

Yeah I didn't realize that when I changed the oil in the 'hoe last week. Bought a 5 qt jug and a filter and thought I was good to go.... till I got home and saw that it required 6 qts.... then of course had to go back out for another measly little qt. :banghead:

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I didn't realize that when I changed the oil in the 'hoe last week. Bought a 5 qt jug and a filter and thought I was good to go.... till I got home and saw that it required 6 qts.... then of course had to go back out for another measly little qt. :banghead:

i got lucky, had qts laying around