What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Massfloefi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How was the install? Easy enough?

I wouldn't say hard but the steering wheel spokes require extra attention. You are doing a "dummy stitch" around these areas and it can be a little challenging on how much tension to apply to the lacing cord since you want to keep it aesthetically pleasing. The first one I did wasn't as tight as the rest but I was able to go back and add a stitch for more tension to that area even though its still not as tight. I would recommend taking your time doing the install because you will not want to go back once you start sowing.

Linked a video I was sent by them so you can see a similar install and what they call "dummy stitch".

Massfloefi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Did you buy the steering wheel cover from them?

Them being from the Richmond place?

Yes I did buy from Richmond. Only one I found but I didn’t look hard. Waited till there was a eBay coupon and got it for around $76 including shipping.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Cap, you find it?

Missing the front Esky cap on the pass side.

Bingo.
Surprised it stayed on this long. I got home after the touchless car wash and started to dry it off when I saw the cap missing. Had a mini heart attack. Went back to the car wash and had the attendant there check the bay. It got blown off and was pushed to the corner of the wash bay.

So with another one of GMs lazy design. Theres no way to keep these from falling off unless you glue them. I was thinking rubber cement but that wouldnt hold up in the weather for long. Maybe something a little stronger and weatherproof from home depot. Something not super permanent:think:

20181205_120551.jpg 20181206_121114.jpg

Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Tahoe is finally in the paint shop and I have the first update!

The custom fender flares have been fabricated, roof rack and rear wiper deleted, a lot of the body work is done and it'll be ready for primer this week!

Here are some pics of the custom flares.

IMG_2674.JPG

IMG_2673.JPG

Here's a quick walk around video:

Sooo excited!

eohat

In Torque We Trust
Reaction score
Bingo.
Surprised it stayed on this long. I got home after the touchless car wash and started to dry it off when I saw the cap missing. Had a mini heart attack. Went back to the car wash and had the attendant there check the bay. It got blown off and was pushed to the corner of the wash bay.

So with another one of GMs lazy design. Theres no way to keep these from falling off unless you glue them. I was thinking rubber cement but that wouldnt hold up in the weather for long. Maybe something a little stronger and weatherproof from home depot. Something not super permanent:think:

View attachment 212072 View attachment 212073

3M makes a weatherstrip adhesive that might do the job.

https://www.amazon.com/3M-08008-Black-Weatherstrip-Adhesive/dp/B00063X38M

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Bingo.

View attachment 212072 View attachment 212073
If it was me either the GOOP brand adhesive/silicone or straight silicone.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The Tahoe is finally in the paint shop and I have the first update!

The custom fender flares have been fabricated, roof rack and rear wiper deleted, a lot of the body work is done and it'll be ready for primer this week!

Here are some pics of the custom flares.

View attachment 212075

View attachment 212074

Here's a quick walk around video:

Sooo excited!
Nice! I can't wait to see the progress.