What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I had just redone the whole interior. I’ve got most of the roof repaired just two small dents I’ve got to get out and clean the broken glass and replace the back window on it. Unfortunately the Tahoe at this point I think is going to require a full paint job as it’s easier just to replace the fender and door rather than repair them. The glass repair on it I think I can do myself I can order a new one for about 100 dollars.

Time to build a beefier carport. Although you guys did have snowmageddon down there right?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
For sure! I'm chomping at the bit haha. But unfortunately I'm going to be in India when they finish, so I won't be able to pick it up until some time in January after I return.

I'm going to try to get some pics/video up before then, but I'll be at the mercy of someone else's camera lol.
India? Nice. Gotta post some pics of there too:D

Thouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah we did and I won’t be going back with this style carport. I think I will do a A roof one that way it just slides off

How old is the carport- perhaps float the idea by the manufacturer that it shouldn't have collapsed?

I would be careful with even a sloped roof carport depending on the amount of snow and how heavy it still might accumulate enough to cause structural damage.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How old is the carport- perhaps float the idea by the manufacturer that it shouldn't have collapsed?

I would be careful with even a sloped roof carport depending on the amount of snow and how heavy it still might accumulate enough to cause structural damage.

I’ve learned my lesson I will get out there and rake it off.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I’ve learned my lesson I will get out there and rake it off.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hwy guys. Quick (maybe) question. But if you were water, and you wanted to sneak into the air conditioning system after the truck goes through the car wash. Where would you enter?

Lol I take my truck to the local carwash frequently but after the last time my blower motor resistor almost got fired. I was able to take it apart dry it and silicone it shut but I'm afraid that if I go through the wash again it'll keep happening. What I want to do is find out where this water is getting into the system but I'm unsure where that could be

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Hwy guys. Quick (maybe) question. But if you were water, and you wanted to sneak into the air conditioning system after the truck goes through the car wash. Where would you enter?

Lol I take my truck to the local carwash frequently but after the last time my blower motor resistor almost got fired. I was able to take it apart dry it and silicone it shut but I'm afraid that if I go through the wash again it'll keep happening. What I want to do is find out where this water is getting into the system but I'm unsure where that could be
I think there's a thread on here where a guy was having a similar issue. Iirc, under the front cowl there's a plate screwed or bolted--above the hvac area and the weatherstripping there, sometimes fails and it might allow water to get in. Maybe take a look under the cowl, on thd passenger side.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
09 Tahoe 4x4 Stopped by my local mr fixit auto repair today for them to check a front end noise. Drivers side hub bearing was the expert diagnosis. For there professional services and a replacement "off brand" hub bearing it would be right a 450 bones. I had to call BS on that LOL. So I ordered a replacement MOOG from rock auto a minute ago plus a 36mm socket (less than 150 bones). After reading a bit further online it looks like maybe I should have ordered a new axle spindle nut too? Some youtube videos that I watched that are supposed to be expert repair facilities, appear to just reuse the axle nut? Also seeing some bad reviews on the MOOG hub bearing (and all others) not sure if I made the right brand choice or not? Anyone out there that can vouch for MOOG or some other brand to be long lasting? This one guy had a video of the interior of the MOOG hub bearing showing the advantages. Check it out.