What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ladorn45

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That thing is kick ass I installed it on my Tahoe a while back and love it. For the oil filter I drill a whole at the bottom and let it drain

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Femco that has a hose that screws onto the drain. Soon as you screw it on hand tight it starts draining and the hose extends down to just above the collection pan. Love it.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a good kit. That's what I put on my truck except for the shocks. Rides great, looks even better.

What shocks did you go with? I was thinking about 4600s but I never read anything bad about these shocks. Only the nitro2

Can you post a pic of your truck after install?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Femco that has a hose that screws onto the drain. Soon as you screw it on hand tight it starts draining and the hose extends down to just above the collection pan. Love it.

That sounds nice too. On mine I hook up a clear hose as well and run it down to my pan. Open the valve by hand. Similar end result.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What shocks did you go with? I was thinking about 4600s but I never read anything bad about these shocks. Only the nitro2

4600's are a good choice with a mild drop and shock relocation brackets. Any lower though and you have to get the short body shocks instead.

From my experience a monotube shocks (bilsteins) will outperform twin tube shocks.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That thing is kick ass I installed it on my Tahoe a while back and love it. For the oil filter I drill a whole at the bottom and let it drain

Drillng a hole in the filter sounds like a good option. Though I am not sure that I want to get a ton of oil on my drills.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s not bad at all honestly, how’s seeing out the windshield at night tho? Based on how it is during the day I can’t see it being too bad, it’s illegal to tint the windshield here but I think with a lighter tint like yours it won’t stand out as much, I’ve seen some windshields done at 5% lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my concern too. I'd love to tint the front windows and windshield but I don't want to have to deal with the cops in CA...

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

On the rear I kept the auto level and at the time Arnott sold Bilstein air shocks with Goodyear bladders as their model AS2700. I see they're no longer Bilstein on their website. I ran Arnotts budget fronts for awhile before going with Bilstein 4600's. My truck is in my signature. If you're on a phone turn it sideways and you'll see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exceltheink