What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replied to wrong post but y'all were talkin about it. I went the other direction with my hoe 10inches of lift on 37's. We play hard off the asphalt. Came down a lil too ******* my left front and customized my bump mount.
Oh. Did you add something to your LCA's so your jounce stops still make contact? Most guys who are lifted add something there so the jounce stops still function normally. If there's a big gap between your LCA's and the jounce stops that's not good.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Back to the jounce stops, what holds them in is there a bolt inside or what

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope, they're just kind of pushed in. Use a flat head screw driverdriver or a small thin prybar and pop out the old ones. To install, just clean out some of the loose debris, if there's any, lube the top of the new one and twist, turn, pop in the new one. You're done. You might have to Jack up the front a little bit, just to make a little room between the lca and the bump/jounce stop.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh. Did you add something to your LCA's so your jounce stops still make contact? Most guys who are lifted add something there so the jounce stops still function normally. If there's a big gap between your LCA's and the jounce stops that's not good.

Yeah my RCX lift came with 6in brackets that bolt into place on the lca's

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah my RCX lift came with 6in brackets that bolt into place on the lca's
I thought you said you have 10" of lift though? I was wondering since I see all that space under your jounce stop in the picture.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought you said you have 10" of lift though? I was wondering since I see all that space under your jounce stop in the picture.
That's including a 3in body lift and some 3in RC keys that I only cranked up an inch. The bracket is just out of frame in that pic. There's approx. an inch gap between the jounce bumper and bracket in the passenger side. The only way I can think to fix my driver side is to cut it off and weld a new one in its place.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's including a 3in body lift and some 3in RC keys that I only cranked up an inch. The bracket is just out of frame in that pic. There's approx. an inch gap between the jounce bumper and bracket in the passenger side. The only way I can think to fix my driver side is to cut it off and weld a new one in its place.
They're designed to be in contact with no gap. Probably ride a lot better if you can fix that but that might be a challenge with that much lift lol.

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted a write up about color matching under the exterior part of the forum. Maybe is shoulve posted it in general discussion but it can be moved if someone thinks it should be

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bone