What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decided to put some yellow tint in my fogs.

That looks really good

Need a few more details.
Did you just put yellow vinyl on the lenses of your stock fog lights?
Are the stock fog light bulbs OEM halogen or LED bulbs?

Hattie2879

Reaction score
@CMoore711

I did upgrade the bulbs to LED, 6000k xenon white that I got from Amazon. The stock bulbs felt too dim to me.

The tint is from Lamin-X, and yeah it feels like vinyl, they have a variety of colors but I like the "old school" yellow. The film seems really durable too and is super easy to put on. I didn't have to remove the fogs either.

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@CMoore711 @Hattie2879

+1 regarding the LED fog light bulb upgrade!

It's been several years now since install, but changing the fog bulbs was probably just about the best, quick, smart, useful, inexpensive mods I've done. Pretty easy install on my own.
Did I mention inexpensive?
I run my fogs all the time driving in rural ME. They pretty much do better than my LTZ's stock high beams. They're actually so bright I dim them just like you would high beams for approaching cars.
But alone on the road at night, almost like having a simple light bar installed up front...super bright and improves my vision of what's coming ahead incredibly well.

Big Rig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMG_2456.png

Transmission fluid, filter, and thermal bypass. Definitely never been done before (71k now), only shuddered every one in a while previously but drives and shifts much better. Got 6 quarts of nasty fluid out.

Any other recommendations for extending the life of the torque converter and transmission as a whole? It’s a 2018 6L80 so a good year and I don’t tow anything so I figure it should last a while but was curious. Maybe blackbear TCM tune can help also

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
has anyone had the WAMS full HMI unlock done? just curious about how seemless the functionality is aftwards

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@CMoore711 @Hattie2879

+1 regarding the LED fog light bulb upgrade!

It's been several years now since install, but changing the fog bulbs was probably just about the best, quick, smart, useful, inexpensive mods I've done. Pretty easy install on my own.
Did I mention inexpensive?
I run my fogs all the time driving in rural ME. They pretty much do better than my LTZ's stock high beams. They're actually so bright I dim them just like you would high beams for approaching cars.
But alone on the road at night, almost like having a simple light bar installed up front...super bright and improves my vision of what's coming ahead incredibly well.
So true - my fogs are most of my low beam visibility. My brights are fantastic with 9005 LEDs, but the hids are not good, even after replacing the bulbs. Not as bad as the burb was with halogens (dangerous), but worse than burb with leds. Im going to try some LED D3S bulbs soon...

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So true - my fogs are most of my low beam visibility. My brights are fantastic with 9005 LEDs, but the hids are not good, even after replacing the bulbs. Not as bad as the burb was with halogens (dangerous), but worse than burb with leds. Im going to try some LED D3S bulbs soon...
It’s all about the bulb rotation. 180 of and it will suck.

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cold enough yesterday to use the heated seats :( I didn’t feel it. Was contemplating changing the seat cover so I’m really motivated now since it seems I need a new element as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076

Latest posts