What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the transmission filter and fluid in our 2015 XL with the 6l80e. I think this is the first time the filter has been replaced at 93k miles. Fluid has been changed a couple times before this. Used my venturi brake bleed setup with some extra hose to suck out the fluid. Once I had the pan down the filter looked pretty clean. Magnet was coated with a thin film of grey. I couldn't get the pan out so I just used my brake bleed pump to pull the rest of the fluid out of the pan. Worked great. Cleaned the pan and magnet, new filter in, and @ 8qts of fluid added.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sent a upgrade HMI (one with oem nav) out to wams for full unlocking & map update
I pretty much never use built in nav but it's a reduncy for when we hit the mountains as cell service is pretty much non existent if you are not on a major highway. Even then it is spotty.

_tb_

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Denali grille swap:

PXL_20240312_154116509.jpg

Added a K&N air/oil separator, which is a nice piece:

PXL_20240312_180204147.jpg

I also added a Superior Solutions 6L80 Sure Cool transmission thermostat bypass kit, which has to be about the best $30-ish that can be spent on one of these trucks for those who aren't interested in pill flipping.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sent a upgrade HMI (one with oem nav) out to wams for full unlocking & map update
I pretty much never use built in nav but it's a reduncy for when we hit the mountains as cell service is pretty much non existent if you are not on a major highway. Even then it is spotty.
HMI is done that was quick enough I guess, they initially said turn around was 2 weeks but they only had it about 5 days

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660