What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ss4chad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What is a Italian tune-up?
Per the BING Co-Pilot:
An Italian tune-up is an unconventional method of car maintenance that involves driving at high RPMs to clean out carbon deposits from the engine.

Hmm, I thought it had something to do with pouring Red Wine in the gas tank? Looks like I learned something today!

Chad

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is a Italian tune-up?

Per the BING Co-Pilot:
An Italian tune-up is an unconventional method of car maintenance that involves driving at high RPMs to clean out carbon deposits from the engine.

Hmm, I thought it had something to do with pouring Red Wine in the gas tank? Looks like I learned something today!

Chad
Yes - you do several full throttle 0-60 (+) runs to get the engine heated up and knock loose all the crap. It can be bad if you have a weak link somewhere, but every time I have done it the engine runs a lot smoother...

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I ripped apart my interior and installed my Kicker sub. Followed every single instruction exactly.
Turned on some music and the sub itself makes no sound..
I'm unsure if it's because I need to go to the dealer and have them eliminate the ANC (active noise cancelation) through a reprogram. I know the installation manual says to do that. But I figured it would still work somewhat before having that done and then just be optimized after that was disabled.

Fingers crossed that all I need is the quick trip to the dealer and to pay $50 for them to reprogram in order to get this sub to function..

(pic of things torn apart for your enjoyment)
sub install.png

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Per the BING Co-Pilot:

Chad
lol, I do those every day!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I ripped apart my interior and installed my Kicker sub. Followed every single instruction exactly.
Turned on some music and the sub itself makes no sound..
I'm unsure if it's because I need to go to the dealer and have them eliminate the ANC (active noise cancelation) through a reprogram. I know the installation manual says to do that. But I figured it would still work somewhat before having that done and then just be optimized after that was disabled.

Fingers crossed that all I need is the quick trip to the dealer and to pay $50 for them to reprogram in order to get this sub to function..

(pic of things torn apart for your enjoyment)
View attachment 422882
the ANC shouldn't stop the sub from working, all it would do is cause some undesirable feedback, kind of like having a mic to close to a speaker and instead of a high pitch squeal you would get a rumble. double check your work.

Cryptothedog

Reaction score
Also blacked out my rear emblem. I need to redo it though. I messed up on the cutting of the vinyl.

1000002041.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar