What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordup

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@CMoore711

I did upgrade the bulbs to LED, 6000k xenon white that I got from Amazon. The stock bulbs felt too dim to me.

The tint is from Lamin-X, and yeah it feels like vinyl, they have a variety of colors but I like the "old school" yellow. The film seems really durable too and is super easy to put on. I didn't have to remove the fogs either.
Which led’ s did you choose?

BlackBrud

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Figured I’d check in here to offload my latest maintenance/upgrades. I bought it at the end of November, and have been doing upgrades and maintenance every week or so since. This forum has been incredibly helpful with my maintenance and modifications - many thanks to all who contribute here!

Replaced engine oil, transmission fluid, transfer case fluid, and fluid in both diffs with amsoil products. Installed a transmission thermostat bypass.

Replaced tires with Nokian Outpost nAT in 275/70/18 size.

Replaced the headlights with Phillips LED headlight bulbs.

Replaced spark plugs and wires with ac delco plugs and wires.

Tuned with a Superchips F5 flashpaq. Just running the 87 performance map for now. I’ll be trying the 91 map soon.

Installed a corsa sport exhaust.

Installed a set of 3dmaxspider mats.

That’s it for now.

IMG_1398.jpeg

Last edited:

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today was the first time I missed the my old rig; I learned the short body cant take a 4X8 sheet of wood. Luckily it was a thin veneer sheet that flexed up over the top of the front seats. So what is the ususal strat here for plywood sheets - a bungee or something ?

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So true - my fogs are most of my low beam visibility. My brights are fantastic with 9005 LEDs, but the hids are not good, even after replacing the bulbs. Not as bad as the burb was with halogens (dangerous), but worse than burb with leds. Im going to try some LED D3S bulbs soon...
Just to follow up, I put in some D3S LEDs and they are slightly better. These projectors are just trash. The LEDs will instantly turn to full brightness giving them an edge over the stock HIDs, however I am still wanting more. I reassert that the fog LEDs are the saviors on the 18 Denali...

IceIceSilver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Replaced the thermostat housing assembly yesterday.

Noticed an immediate improvement in mileage while testing last night and during my commute today.

IceIceSilver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thermostat helps gas mileage? Never knew.
Indirectly through the engine computer.

When the coolant never reaches full temperature then the computer continues adding extra fuel to 1) Warm up the engine sooner, and 2) To avoid running lean.

More technically I believe it is termed that the engine never reaches "closed loop" operation when the coolant temperature doesn't reach normal operating temperature.

(May also lose some efficiency by not engaging the lockup torque converter, though I'm not sure that applies here.)

EDIT: Also, it seems, due to the thermodynamic inefficiency of losing energy into cold cylinder walls that otherwise would have been captured through the expansion of the products of combustion.

Last edited:

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the Seafoam top end clean follwed by an Italian tune up and oil change. The oil was so fuggin thin, like dark water. Runs good though. So glad I purchased a clean local TX truck...

Also changed the tune for the new tire size and pulled throttle response from +20 to +7. Much better now - I was launching with a toe tap before. My 5.3 needed all 20%...
What is a Italian tune-up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019