What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ohannon7

Reaction score
they have the laptop and mdi2 on sale right now with just gm software
car repair shops hate this one sneaky trick :signs8::sorrysign:

Seriously though I completely denied any additional warranties bc the car was expensive enough but I distinctly recall the dealership doing their best to scare me into an extended warranty, stating that they have $10,000 equipment that’s needed to diagnose and fix future maintenance issues.

My brother-in-law has a collision repair shop and is a gifted mechanic. I was hoping between the two of us we could use a device like this to diagnose and fix any issues.

Is this what would be needed?
Sorry, I just hate to make assumptions .

96A04DD5-95EF-427A-AA99-A1F568C61EBA.png

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
car repair shops hate this one sneaky trick :signs8::sorrysign:

Seriously though I completely denied any additional warranties bc the car was expensive enough but I distinctly recall the dealership doing their best to scare me into an extended warranty, stating that they have $10,000 equipment that’s needed to diagnose and fix future maintenance issues.

My brother-in-law has a collision repair shop and is a gifted mechanic. I was hoping between the two of us we could use a device like this to diagnose and fix any issues.

Is this what would be needed?
Sorry, I just hate to make assumptions .

View attachment 377045
yes if that is the item selected then that is what you will receive, even though it is a china website they are legit.
just note that the software on that one is for GM only

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you drop the headliner to get access? How much of it? Greenlee punch or similar I’m assuming.
Nope the rear plastic panel that covers that last row seat belt that I removed pops off which gives you some access to rear of roof. A little bit of heat and a 2x4 to pry headline away from roof did it for me. And I did it by my self.

The only thing I had issue was was putting silicone around the second mount I am in California we are in a drought there is no rain so I don’t need to worry about water getting inside except for going to the car wash but at some point later I will make my own pipette another silicon because you can’t really pry the headliner down too much or you’ll break it I didn’t want to pull the side panels off to the rear seat belts and Unbolt bunch of stuff. Easy

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• AECD70AC-0C5B-4C0A-A869-65680E03CE03.jpeg
    AECD70AC-0C5B-4C0A-A869-65680E03CE03.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 2

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you decide to mount them off center, instead of on the centerline?
Because the center line of the roof is not wide enough for weather sealing plus there’s “a tiny gap” which will cause corrosion. Therefore, you cannot technically mount a antenna in the center of the vehicle which would be optimal however for what I’m using this for I’m happy with what I’m getting as far as reflected power goes

Last edited:

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because the center line is not wide enough for weathersealing there’s a tiny gap tou will get corrosion. With the mayor of Tahoe it has five fans one down the center to one side therefore you cannot technically mountain antenna in the center of the vehicle which would be optimal however for what I’m using this for I’m happy with what I’m getting as far as reflected power goes
I totally brain farted on this. Despite seeing it in my own pics, I was thinking about thecopcar and theothertwin. Each had multiple antennas on the centerline. Looking at this pic, it dawned on me the thethirdtwin has a rib in center, not a flat.

@Ohannon7 thats a bare NMO on the roof before I mounted the antenna.

489AF0FC-A9CB-4D1B-921B-4F29739BF2CE.jpeg

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I totally brain farted on this. Despite seeing it in my own pics, I was thinking about thecopcar and theothertwin. Each had multiple antennas on the centerline. Looking at this pic, it dawned on me the thethirdtwin has a rib in center, not a flat.

@Ohannon7 thats a bare NMO on the roof before I mounted the antenna.

View attachment 377099
I have a moon roof so rear is my only option remember the glass has to open as wide as it is you double the length.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE