What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the Tech2 is the diagnostic unit used for the gmt900 and earlier rigs.

What is the unit used for the K2s?
MDI2 and hacked software or pay hefty fee's to GM to use it. the VCX nano works but it's a pain to setup, might be better to buy the hard drive from chinacardiags and get a older lenovo laptop for it, probably run about $300 for the drive and compatible laptop but then you still need the mdi2 I bought one from either them or off ebay. that software is even more of a PITA to setup I have had it working a couple times and played with it to get familiar with how it works but haven't had a need to use it yet

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
MDI2 and hacked software or pay hefty fee's to GM to use it. the VCX nano works but it's a pain to setup, might be better to buy the hard drive from chinacardiags and get a older lenovo laptop for it, probably run about $300 for the drive and compatible laptop but then you still need the mdi2 I bought one from either them or off ebay. that software is even more of a PITA to setup I have had it working a couple times and played with it to get familiar with how it works but haven't had a need to use it yet
Ah, that explains the 2 price tiers I saw for the MDI. Higher with “software loaded”.

Harddrive for what exactly? The VCX itself, or???

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, that explains the 2 price tiers I saw for the MDI. Higher with “software loaded”.

Harddrive for what exactly? The VCX itself, or???
there are different mdi's there is a mdi1 & mdi2, some apparently can come with or without a hard drive, bluetooth and/or wifi, usb & ethernet.
I have a mdi1 & mid2, vcx nano. I have not used the mdi1 mainly because I don't have any vehicle it would work on. I got it basically free so it's just sitting there lol.
like said though the interface is just part of the puzzle you still need the GDS2 software to make it work
the hard drive I am referring to is a standard 2.5" sold by chinacardiags and has "all software" pre-loaded on it, in there description on there website it says it is plug-n-play with certain lenovo laptop models and it shows a couple recommended models, they also sell the laptop but at a marked up price you can find the lenovo laptop on ebay for about $100-150 (used) in decent shape with no hard drive
per there desc:The HDD tested ok on laptops like LENOVO T420 T440 X201, DELL E5420 E6420, Panasonic CF53 54 31. Suggest to test on laptops above.
link to hard drive-https://www.chinacardiags.com/wholesale/vxdiag-software-complete-version.html

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
there are different mdi's there is a mdi1 & mdi2, some apparently can come with or without a hard drive, bluetooth and/or wifi, usb & ethernet.
I have a mdi1 & mid2, vcx nano. I have not used the mdi1 mainly because I don't have any vehicle it would work on. I got it basically free so it's just sitting there lol.
like said though the interface is just part of the puzzle you still need the GDS2 software to make it work
the hard drive I am referring to is a standard 2.5" sold by chinacardiags and has "all software" pre-loaded on it, in there description on there website it says it is plug-n-play with certain lenovo laptop models and it shows a couple recommended models, they also sell the laptop but at a marked up price you can find the lenovo laptop on ebay for about $100-150 (used) in decent shape with no hard drive
per there desc:The HDD tested ok on laptops like LENOVO T420 T440 X201, DELL E5420 E6420, Panasonic CF53 54 31. Suggest to test on laptops above.
link to hard drive-https://www.chinacardiags.com/wholesale/vxdiag-software-complete-version.html
Awesome. Thanks for the information!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sowegatahoe87