What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove through the touch wash - Shiney Mcshine (used cheapest wash too!). The idiots at DOT around here in DFW have started putting prophylactic salt on roads with the slightest hint of snow (even when there is zero chance of ice with 75 degree weather the day before, and 35 degrees day of). So then it rains and coats the undercarriage with salt. Thanks alot bin laden...9faa91cfeb3d9429f6c342cd01f50da8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
Nope. I have a 4" roll left over from doing the the door trim. Cut it in half and just a little longer than the length (including around inside where mirror is). Peel, stick, and trim with razor. I got a cheap install kit off amz for like $10 when I did the doors. A heat gun is useful for setting the wrap in curves. Im new to the wrapping bit, but its pretty straight forward and simple; if you mess up, just peel it off and grab another piece...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Word. I wrapped my door trim too but haven't done smaller intricate stuff like turn signals. Probably won't be too hard.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove through the touch wash - Shiney Mcshine (used cheapest wash too!). The idiots at DOT around here in DFW have started putting prophylactic salt on roads with the slightest hint of snow (even when there is zero chance of ice with 75 degree weather the day before, and 35 degrees day of). So then it rains and coats the undercarriage with salt. Thanks alot bin laden...9faa91cfeb3d9429f6c342cd01f50da8.jpg

Watched a car in front of me go through the car wash and pick the “soft-touch” option instead of “touch-free”. Was surprised at how much of the vehicle that brushes didn’t touch along the top of the sides.
EEF48360-F2E4-4CB0-B0B5-15B1D7FB2CBB.jpeg

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watched a car in front of me go through the car wash and pick the “soft-touch” option instead of “touch-free”. Was surprised at how much of the vehicle that brushes didn’t touch along the top of the sides.
View attachment 236497
I have seen that too. Honestly, I have been using a foam cannon for months (dont tell cardude) as its way too easy to just spray on and spray off, but its a pita to do up underneath, and I have seen tons of rust pics from up north. I figure $6 is worth a little piece of mind, and I didnt have to break out the power washer...

JC 707

Reaction score
Hi texas...I plan on taking my 2019 up to the mountains here in Northern Cali soon and they salt the roads. I was trying to figure out the best way to clean underneath after returning from our trip as Chevys undercoating has me worried along with all the rust pics I've seen.

I ordered and applied the touch up spray coating on the frame areas that had metal exposed a week after I purchased the Tahoe off the dealer lot. What would be the absolute best way to wash underneath to get rid of all the salt from driving in the snowy mountain area?

Thanks!

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi texas...I plan on taking my 2019 up to the mountains here in Northern Cali soon and they salt the roads. I was trying to figure out the best way to clean underneath after returning from our trip as Chevys undercoating has me worried along with all the rust pics I've seen.

I ordered and applied the touch up spray coating on the frame areas that had metal exposed a week after I purchased the Tahoe off the dealer lot. What would be the absolute best way to wash underneath to get rid of all the salt from driving in the snowy mountain area?

Thanks!

My opinion, absolute best is DIY. I have Race Ramps. I put them both on one side of the car, drive up and power wash myself maybe 3times per year. However, living in MI, a salty, cold winter hell, I can’t do that 5 months out of the year. So I go to a local car wash that has excellent underbody jets that do a great job blasting to crap out from under it. I have also applied Lucas Red grease to all weld joints and high probability areas underneath the car. I check those areas every time I lift the car. That grease works incredibly well

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My opinion, absolute best is DIY. I have Race Ramps. I put them both on one side of the car, drive up and power wash myself maybe 3times per year. However, living in MI, a salty, cold winter hell, I can’t do that 5 months out of the year. So I go to a local car wash that has excellent underbody jets that do a great job blasting to crap out from under it. I have also applied Lucas Red grease to all weld joints and high probability areas underneath the car. I check those areas every time I lift the car. That grease works incredibly well
Yep, that sounds like good advice there. If its cold, Im hitting auto wash...

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got step hardware in. Maybe my front seat will recover...2c6c38bc054d39e531fc81b3ed49da31.jpg

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got step hardware in. Maybe my front seat will recover...2c6c38bc054d39e531fc81b3ed49da31.jpg

if you’re talking about damage to the seat skin, no such miracle. However, if you’re talking about the foam, there’s a trick to it. It involves work, but basically pull off the skin, remove the foam pad and use a steamer. Puffs right up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10