What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced factory reverse lights with LEDs. Looks wayyy better and puts out much more light at night.
Backup camera is still pretty noisy and grainy, was hoping it would noticeably improve it, but it is what it is.

Additionally, I changed the cabin air filter. Nice and easy to do.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear about your issues with the morimotos... hopefully just a fluke issues. EVERYTHING can have a failure, dont give up hope.

Jeff...i also swapped to an LED reverse light, with a projected gree at he end...brightness in the night is far superior, but i also think GM is failing ion the camera department...or at least screen resolution for sure.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So..., been thinking about this bulb situation and hopefully I'm not an idiot. Well..., I am, but still. Do you the anti-flicker modules with these things? I didn't order them, so could that be the cause here?

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
these are designed to be plug and play...i have no addition items.

That was also my assumption, but thought I'd check since I know at least you and maybe also others have just recently done the upgrade. Will take another look at them on Saturday.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked passenger side light and everything was fine. Still a no go.

Connector was tight on. Even tried turning the connector around and light didn’t come on at all.

Lights come on just fine, but right when you step on the brake to shift out of park, both flicker and passenger side goes out and doesn’t come on until you turn lights off and back on. But, when you put it in gear, passenger side goes out again. Put everything back and decided to continue the fight another day. Need to also swap them side to side to see if that makes a difference.

Might need to also contact Retrofitsource to see what they say. Might have as well spent 50-60 bucks on a cheapo set off Amazon if the stuff doesn’t work.

So the lights come on and stays on until you shift from park to drive? Then once you shift from park to drive the passenger side flickers and turns off? Even if you manually turn the headlights off then back on?

Morimoto makes it a point to mention how their LED driver is DRL friendly and can still operate as DRL at lower/pulse voltage and “regular” full power low beam voltage with no hiccups.

Hmm...? The fact that a few of us have installed these in the low and high beams with no additional parts and operating as expected leads me to think maybe you got a fluke bad set of bulbs?

By turning them back on are you just switching the headlight switch back to “auto” headlights? I would be curious to see how the bulbs would function if you switched the headlight switch to the far right.

3E7D94BE-27AB-4689-8180-30FB0F9E7CA8.jpeg

My understanding is this is the manual “headlights on” switch. Regardless if vehicle is turned on/off in park or drive; Headlights on. Turn it to that and see if they still stay on when you go from park to drive?

Switching the LEDs from passenger to driver isn’t a bad idea. If the problem follows the bulb for sure it’s the bulb. If the problem stays on the passenger side there’s a bigger issue. But if you’ve got your stock OEM bulbs back in and operating as normal then it’s for sure the bulb.

Last edited:

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the lights come on and stays on until you shift from park to drive? Then once you shift from park to drive the passenger side flickers and turns off? Even if you manually turn the headlights off then back on?

Morimoto makes it a point to mention how their LED driver is DRL friendly and can still operate as DRL at lower/pulse voltage and “regular” full power low beam voltage with no hiccups.

Hmm...? The fact that a few of us have installed these in the low and high beams with no additional parts and operating as expected leads me to think maybe you got a fluke bad set of bulbs?

By turning them back on are you just switching the headlight switch back to “auto” headlights? I would be curious to see how the bulbs would function if you switched the headlight switch to the far right.

View attachment 269034

My understanding is this is the manual “headlights on” switch. Regardless if vehicle is turned on/off in park or drive; Headlights on. Turn it to that and see if they still stay on when you go from park to drive?

Switching the LEDs from passenger to driver isn’t a bad idea. If the problem follows the bulb for sure it’s the bulb. If the problem stays on the passenger side there’s a bigger issue. But if you’ve got your stock OEM bulbs back in and operating as normal then it’s for sure the bulb.

The issue is the same regardless if I have the switch on auto or just normal on. Next thing I’m going to do is swapping sides, just to make sure. If the problem moves over, I’d like to think I’ve found the problem.

Luckily my wife doesn’t have any need to drive after dark, so the LEDs will stay there now until this weekend when I have time to tinker with them again.

Denali Brad

Reaction score
I got the Morimoto 2 stroke 3.0 in 9005 for my high beams and have had zero issues. Plug and play.

You must have purchased the last pair....I tried yesterday and they are saying out of stock...late February delivery.

How was the install? Everything fit behind the caps?

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all components will / do fit behind the caps. it is a snug fit inserting them, but they go with ease and the caps fit just fine.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swapped bulbs around and so far so good. First they flickered a bit and the one I moved from passenger side went out. Did some driving around with them on and they were still on when I came back.

Will go for a drive when it gets dark and see what happens. Not holding my breath...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts