What cam should i get

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys so i have a 2001 Tahoe with a 5.3
I have a few mods now and what u guys would recommend for a cam, don’t want anything to crazy bc it is my daily, what are
Your thoughts on the TSP stage 2 with a .500 lift

mods i have now

long tube heads and higher flow cats
MBRP cat back exhaust
Tbss intake manifold with 36 pound injectors
92 mm throttle body
Cold air intake
Upgraded coils and wires
Oil catch can
Tuned by East cost supercharging

8954AA3F-42D3-43A0-88B4-5CC81004A888.jpeg D99A7CFF-6E42-41B2-8C94-E32278A1C736.jpeg

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive been to ECS. my 13 ss camaro. the ecs big blower cam kooks lt headers 3600 stall, and the procharger. 580 whp.

if you do a cam, def get a higher stall tc. its so worth it.

013.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so i have a 2001 Tahoe with a 5.3
I have a few mods now and what u guys would recommend for a cam, don’t want anything to crazy bc it is my daily, what are
Your thoughts on the TSP stage 2 with a .500 lift

mods i have now

long tube heads and higher flow cats
MBRP cat back exhaust
Tbss intake manifold with 36 pound injectors
92 mm throttle body
Cold air intake
Upgraded coils and wires
Oil catch can
Tuned by East cost supercharging

View attachment 257837 View attachment 257838

I have the TSP Stage 2 low lift, 114 LSA. It's .550" lift. I did other work when I installed it, so I can't review the cam exclusively. But I have nothing bad to say about it. I'd recommend you have your heads shaved a little to bump up the compression. You'll need at least GM LS6 springs. Also, if you just have a filter on the end of that intake tube, I'd recommend you either make a box for it or get a factory filter box. Otherwise, it's absolutely NOT a cold air intake. I can promise you the air inside the engine bay is not "cold".

I have vids of the cam in my build thread: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/growing-up-doesnt-have-to-suck.93510/page-69.

I had the tuner leave as much lope in as reasonably possible.

OP
OP
anthonyragazzo3
Reaction score
I have the TSP Stage 2 low lift, 114 LSA. It's .550" lift. I did other work when I installed it, so I can't review the cam exclusively. But I have nothing bad to say about it. I'd recommend you have your heads shaved a little to bump up the compression. You'll need at least GM LS6 springs. Also, if you just have a filter on the end of that intake tube, I'd recommend you either make a box for it or get a factory filter box. Otherwise, it's absolutely NOT a cold air intake. I can promise you the air inside the engine bay is not "cold".

I have vids of the cam in my build thread: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/growing-up-doesnt-have-to-suck.93510/page-69.

I had the tuner leave as much lope in as reasonably possible.

Hey, so if i don’t shave the heads and do a stall and all that do u think the stage 2 and doing the springs and lifters and a retune is worth it? I dident want to go crazy with all this due to expenses and just wanted to gain some more power then what i have now, everyone keeps trying to get me to build a 6.0 and drop it in but the money isent there right now

OP
OP
anthonyragazzo3
Reaction score
I think stage 2 with springs and a tune are 100% worth it! If you do a 6.0 later it's still a good 6.0 cam. I would go ahead and get dual springs no matter what.

when i call TSP ask for the dual spring? Is there a difference in between the other ones they sell? And do i need to do lifters and pushrods?

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dual springs rated for .660 lift is what they will likely suggest when you tell them you want dual springs. Lifters are up to you depending on how many miles the truck has and yes hardened pushrods are always a good idea. The size needs to be measured to be sure but usually, 7.4 is TSPs go to suggestion.

OP
OP
anthonyragazzo3
Reaction score
The dual springs rated for .660 lift is what they will likely suggest when you tell them you want dual springs. Lifters are up to you depending on how many miles the truck has and yes hardened pushrods are always a good idea. The size needs to be measured to be sure but usually, 7.4 is TSPs go to suggestion.

Awesome thanks for the help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz