What are you doing about tires on 22” rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Michelein Defender is the new LTX

There are three versions of this tire

the defender ltx ms concurrent with defender ltx and the replacement for ms2.
The defender premiere ltx newest
Some people claim less that optimal life span
And ltx ms2 oldest

the plain defender is not described as ms capable

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can just wear out the stock tires for a year or so, There will be plenty of choices coming along by then....
I have Mich LTX MS on my RAM 2500 and they are iron... but I think they look a little to much like "Truck/RV hauler" tires for a vehicle like this....

OP
OP
B

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get that thought but the 19/20 Silverado uses that size and not many manufacturers stepped up to fill a void. I would have thought for the Silverado there would be more choices

Last edited:

Dogged

Reaction score
Nitto Ridge Grapplers 305 45 22. They really helped make the truck look more aggressive on stock wheels. Bonus extra width for curb protection for my wife.

Hrocks

Reaction score
The current 22” inch tire size 275 /50/22 offer very few selections. I’ve read some bad reviews for the allenzas. In wet and snowy weather.
There are only 5 tires made in that size.
I hate changing tire sizes as they don’t always align correctly?

I don't know understand the "bad" reviews. I've had 22", 20" and 18" Alenza HL's on Escalades, Tahoe's and Lexus GX460's. I found them to be great in snow and heavy rain. I took off a set of Michelin Defenders with about 30,000 miles on them because they were horrible in the rain and replaced them with the Alenza's. The ONLY complaint I would have is that on my Lexus cars they did ride a bit firmer and slightly noiser than the Michelin's. However, I never felt or heard that on my GM trucks that weighed 1,000 pounds more. Check out the almost 1200 reviews on the Tire Rack.

OP
OP
B

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The HL alenzas aren’t the ones getting the bad reviews. It’s the alenza ao2’s that are. Particularly bad in snow and rain The premium ltx’s are also getting some bad reviews due to quick wear issues. the defender ltx ms gets great reviews as I’ve had them on 5 or 6 different Tahoe’s and suburbans now

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I’ve seen 22’s on a new Burb and something looked off. It was the 275’s with no sidewalk protection for the rims. There’s was no meat on the tire. The aspect ratio was so thin it didn’t look like it belonged on an SUV.

DoggMcGruff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Michelin defender LTX MS are the truth, have had a set for almost 8 months on daily driven 16 hoe and have never had issues with grip or noise in northeast. Have a set of 22” OEM Tahoe wheels on the marketplace and eBay for sale, used for about a year, took off Alenza + that originally came with and put on some Kelley Edges 285/45/22, this was prior to me finding out about the Michelin’s. Have been running black rhinos 22” Zulu’s with Michelin defender and will never go back, also on 285/45/22.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645